2023/04/19 - JJ’s Live - Fayetteville, AR

Yeah this milk is very nice

Is @BDJ still active on here??? Always enjoyed his Oklahoma and Arkansas show reviews

2 Likes

Mulches, Ex.1, Padgetts, Fussy and OoO were all hopefuls I had for Austin. Classic.

1 Like

Great song selection in this one. That Milk was fantastic

2 Likes

Enjoy the Whistle Kids>Little Gift that’s coming your way.

5 Likes

Now that’s just mean!

2 Likes

Lolz. Just paying it forward. Someone put that into the universe before the First Ave run in Feb and we got both, although with heady JOs.

2 Likes

Okay, in context that is much more amusing then hahaha

1 Like

Not gonna get it since I’m not going!

Sorry to hear that man. One of my best friends just had a baby born with some kidney issues but he’s doing great. I’m sure it will be the same for your little guy.

3 Likes

Thanks brother!! Appreciate the words man.

3 Likes

Looks great on paper. I’m pretty sure she woulda liked this one. At one point we were hoping to make this show, but unfortunately Beck died on March 29. She was my soulmate and my dance partner for 46 years and 97 um shows 25 Grateful dead shows and countless other concerts roadtrips and festivals. and we were just getting started. so fuck you cancer. and yes i’m devastated and overcome with waves of profound existential sorrow. til i remind myself of what a ride it’s been, how extremely fortunate i’ve been to have the love of my life by my side through everything for 46 years and I’ll always have those memories and hopefully looking back will give me strength to keep moving forward. Last night was too soon, but I will rock again. It’s what she woulda wanted.

21 Likes

Im so sorry man. We love you. I hope you find some peace during this time. Im grateful you posted, hang in there

5 Likes

Wow I’m sorry to hear that. Too much loss on this board these days. Keep hanging in there

3 Likes

I saw your son at the New Years show Josh and I realized how long it’s been since I’ve crossed any of your paths…I’m so sorry to hear the terrible news. :heart:

3 Likes

Fuck dude. I’m so sorry. Sending positive vibes your way.

3 Likes

The Girlfriend is Better jam has Pure Saturation teases. Not sure if anyone noticed this yet or not because that song kinda sucks but can definitely hear it starting around 3:45 mark.

This Milk is a no brainer JOTY thread worthy after first listen. Probably the best thing I’ve heard from them in a bit. I haven’t gone back to the recent Mantis after watching it live drunk signed.

They could have “milked” a couple of the sections that I enjoyed a little bit more, but overall this is top notch UM these days.

3 Likes

I listened to that Mantis this afternoon and it has nothing on this Milk.

3 Likes

Agreed (after a relisten earlier)