2023/03/11 - Belly Up - Aspen, CO

6 Likes

Love me some Anchor Drops though! One of my fav standard tunes.

It’s still my most seen UM song for some reason. Makes no sense.

1 Like

I like ALB when they do what it looks like they did at this show. Slowly fade into the intro or progressively build into it. Only complaint being that it seems like a mood changer if they lump it in with the wrong set of songs.

2 Likes

Every song with an extended Bayliss solo is awesome. Which means ALB is awesome.

2 Likes

Cutting Utopian Fir should be a crime, hope to see it on the set list tonight.

1 Like

Feel like we just had this discussion recently. Soup is a top 5 for sure. That harmonized guitar part is classic UM

Cutting Utopian and adding CW2 is uhhhhhh, not ideal. I never mind CW1, especially as an opener. Great song.

It’s ideal if it gets a primetime slot tonight. Odds of it being standard town to end s1 woulda been too high for comfort

3 Likes

Fair point there

1 Like

I liked the short dance jam in Cem 2. Plus, I’m SHRN that I’ve been thinking that I was gonna listen to a hetty 14 minute long Out Of Order, but I get Out Of Focus instead.

I dig Out of Focus, but I feel it’s gotten played out already. The UMBOWL stew comps like this one (tons of songs thrown together) just aren’t the type that should get played all the time. Takes a big chunk out of a set. Ones like Draconian and Remind Me make sense as there aren’t too many songs included and have natural improv spots.

I fucken love Out of Focus. That disco-y chorus at the end of the song is some of their best lyrics ever and I’m not even totally sure what they’re saying.

2 Likes

I still think Wide Open is the most cohesive song from UMBowl 22.

4 Likes

I do dig it a bunch and LOVE the 07 Blue Echo portion (wish it was longer). Its just like 5 songs mashed together. Wonder where they could fit in improv? Just seems like a tune that shouldn’t be in the normal rotation.

Not saying that I don’t like OOF, it was more that I got excited about an OoO that wasn’t there.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I got that. It just made me think that it’s been played a lot

Out of Focus is one of the freshest compositions they’ve put together in years IMO (and somehow I still like Wide Open and Exit Signs a bit more.) Both the beginning and end section kill. I think about every other week is fine. Having all three of them every other week though is what begins to feel excessive…

This emotional August jam is exactly what I’d like to hear more from out of this song. Clear show highlight for me.

3 Likes

Very much agree