2023/02/25 - Brooklyn Bowl - Las Vagas, NV

Looks like a super good setlist for my tastes although tbh idk what Gravity’s Real is. First set in particular looks relentless

1 Like

Glad i’m not the only one.

Lyrical from RR 2012 AiT

Plunger jam was hot, as was 2x2 iirc…there was a second good jam and i think that was it, but i was so high on molly its kind of hard to remember.

Mantis jam came in at about 12 minutes

triple wide was awesome too

6 Likes

Ah, love that show. That was a special night.

1 Like

This and somehow the last 3 Plungers I’ve seen have had mid jams.

Thanks!!! I had a blast!

1 Like

Thought the show was great, 3x was incredible. Every jam but 1st HBB & Mulche’s worth a listen. A couple were cut short before hitting the stratosphere but all improv was quality.

1 Like

always nice when you travel for the good umphreys show

1 Like

This show looks awesome.

Holy shit! This set list is damn near perfect. Can’t wait to listen

This mantis fucks

3 Likes

This venue is so awesome. Really enjoyed the show and the whole vibe.

Random woman in the crowd completely collapsed and her boyfriend like propped her up weekend at Bernie’s style so that was kind of weird

2 Likes

Digging Mantis so far

1 Like

It’d be cool if they jammed both slots every now and then.

2 Likes

Show was hot… definitely need a multiple night run in Vegas stat

2 Likes

Ok, this Mantis fucks!

Probably the most locked in show from them this year. I was at N1 DC and Bethlehem and loved both, but this is better. It almost seemed like it was a concerted effort. Jams were solid and just crisp, if that makes sense. *im also signed drunk thread and through 2x2.

Ok, finished up. SOTY IMO. The only things I’d change (or say weren’t good) were Exit Signs and Muche’s.

Mantis, 2x2, and HBB>Gravity> HBB all JOTY thread worthy. 2x2 and HBB/gravity Sammy probably my favs

Listened to the 2x2 now 2x to see if it was as legit as I thought. I think it’s my JOTY. I keep editing my post because I’m signed, but if I were to hear the beginning of gravity’s live, I’d be early years UM gitty to hear. It has some sentimental value as that 2012 RR show was fun/special

4 Likes

Mantis most definitely crushes. When Kris drops into that dance beat w/ about 5 mins left you know it’s on!

2 Likes

I think this show starts really hot but then cools off. Mantis is definitely one of the better jams of the year with all its different sections, and Wappy is probably the best, most developed version of that song they’ve played this year. After that, things tail off a bit for me, but it’s good to see them really pushing themselves with jams and segues even on a Saturday night in Vegas.

Gravity’s Real sounds alright. I think they’re on a mission to play as many different original songs as possible this year (I mean, seriously…Bus Call?) so I look forward to more randomness soon.

Plunger → 2x2 is perfection on paper and the execution is strong here. Felt like Jake stumbled into an atonal note at the peak of the Wappy jam that just derailed it.

HBB > Gravity’s Real doesn’t have any noteworthy improv or anything but it’s still a cool segment to end on.

Disagree. Cleveland Wappy by a mile.

4 Likes