2023/01/28 - The Fillmore - Detroit, MI

The good news is there’s no way tonight is any worse than last night

3 Likes

Spires no jam is just such a waste

3 Likes

Setlist looks icky.

I thought the 2nd set + encore was pretty good, although they probably could’ve cut one of Wife Soup or Spires to give all those heavy hitters more room for improv. I do love both of those songs though. Escape Goat > N2F definitely the highlight for me. Also, I’m not really a Radiohead fan at all, but Kanika really crushed it on Creep. Crowd ate that shit up.

That first set… Pure Saturation > N2F was a promising start, but they never really got locked in on any improv until IDKWIW, and that was short but sweet. So Much is an ok tune but it really sucked the energy out of the place last night.

2 Likes

Women’s restroom was popping off during so much. Everyone had the same thought. What a boring song

1 Like

I actually like the song a lot but would never want to see it at a show

Yeah has some good lyrics but agree don’t want to see it live

1 Like

There’s no place for it in anything other than maybe an acoustic set

3 Likes

Gimmie that fucking crooked tonight!!

2 Likes

Wife Soup needs to start getting improv again

8 Likes

Last night was meh city. TMSNEI, new songs that I have never heard before/didn’t care for, and awkward songs at awkward times. MEH. Also I need to get out of Detroit to see some um shows, was on my way to see @hbbubblebath and the boys at set break but ran into some people from my hometown and it turned into a high school/home town reunion in the worst way possible. Which proceeded for me to get absolutely shit housed. One of old best friends shaved his dreads everywhere except for the top and now he looks like a pineapple (his crazy GF cut him with a razor) and he also told me he is addicted to crack. Good times.

I would’ve enjoyed this meh city show a little if i could’ve partied with the bort bros. Next UM show will not be in Detroit. Way too many distractions at hometown shows.

Now I’m hungover at work and hating my life.

9 Likes

I thought it was funny how Bayliss stepped to the mic after a rocking Mulche’s ending, got Ben to shine the lights on the crowd, everyone’s going ham, then they do this long drawn out ambient intro building anticipation…. and finally drop into So Much.

Everyone around me went to the lobby or sat down lol

10 Likes

Spend most of the 2nd set sitting. What a snoozer. We got Bayliss’d last night.

1 Like

Don’t tempt the devil like that.

Shoulda played Wally, maybe that & Ex 1 will pop up tonight

1 Like

If tonight is worse than last night I’m selling my Aspen ticket, quitting UM and going on spafford tour

6 Likes

Also Kanika is way too good for DF. I honestly don’t mean that as an insult to DF but she deserves to be doing so much more than drug band after parties.

6 Likes

:100:

Its pretty cool of Stasik to use his platform to pull her up. But she needs to branch out.

5 Likes

They better save that Wally for Madison, really want one!

5 Likes

I know I’ve said it before, but I think the stuff she did/is doing with Tauk is really cool. They’re about to drop a handful of my show mixes on nugs from fall tour with her and I had a really good time mixing them

10 Likes

Let me know when they get released

1 Like