2023/01/21 - The Capitol Theater - Port Chester, NY

Agreed, first set is so pure. The Escape Goat is probably the best one yet.

Unevolved definitely varies from the UMBowl version it really only hints at the 07 Bridgeless and Noho Kitchen, this one is more dark driving rock to UMbowl’s slow burning dance.

Honestly that set is pretty much perfect UM.

6 Likes

Looks like they made up for that 9 minute set. Escape Goat must be huge.

1 Like

This Escape Goat may be my JOTY so far. Nothing seemed rushed and it goes a few different places.

1 Like

I even made an effort to not post central time. no clutch gene I guess

1 Like

Mocca, finally…….

1 Like

:100:

I will replay the fuck out of this set. Havent liked a set this much since 7/3/19 S1

7 Likes

This is a good Escape Goat. Can’t wait to catch one live!

2 Likes

no, your threads were very clutch. I’m just an ass

2 Likes

So is this metal section around 8 min in unevolved “composed” or true improv?

Actually so stoked that Pete Shapiro came on stage to sing happy birthday a 2nd time during the run for those who missed Brooklyn Bowl.
:skull: :sob:

Id consider it a jam. Its very inspired by the 11-1-12 itk but they kind of JO out of it. the jam itself would only technically be 3 minutes long though, further showing this “song” is just way too ridiculous even if its awesome.

The ITK section is right after that, so maybe the metal part is a different jam? Kinda felt like the vocal section around 12-15 min in was unnecessary… Would be cooler if it went from that jam to the ending section

The Noho ITK section picks up its first notes at 7:13 as far as Im concerned. Mostly just the Jake chugg riff

1 Like

I think you’re getting your jams mixed up. I just hear noho kitchen at 11:17ish for maybe 30 seconds

1 Like

Its two different sections of the Noho itk. were both right. They just throw a “jam” in between them and then Bayliss adds lyrics to the part youre referring to.

Really need to know this so I can determine whether I like it or not

Ohh yeah I guess I hear that. A lot heavier than the original

Song should be cut off right after the lyrical part. And then a different industrial dance jam for each version.

Just finished, and yeah, I agree. I didn’t really think the second lyrical section added much to the ‘composition’ and the end peak was nice, but…

1 Like