2023/01/19 - Brooklyn Bowl - Brooklyn, NY

love this Kabump.

1 Like

Liquid LTP - Mittenā€™s 150th request*****

12 Likes

Listening to this one, I feel itā€™s a step down from the weekend. Excited to see a 16+ min Kabump and MV, but neither really did anything for me. I think the only stand out was the shorter jam in 2x2. Hoping they can lock it in some next two nights!

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty much my most wanted song. I love it so much. Last time they played it though Jake didnā€™t play guitar. The best thing about it (after jake joined) was the dual guitar attack.

This shoe was solid. 2x2 had an awesome jam, Kabump was solid, Red Baron was really tight after not playing it for so long-- Myers parts were so tightā€¦ and I really really loved how they played BOOTH LOVE. Great fun show.

1 Like

Was that Indy? Good to see you breifly over NYE. Love ya bud.

2 Likes

Likewise <3, UM is on fire and im here for it.

1 Like

and yes it was Indy.

1 Like

This show is pretty meh on the improv front. Like, itā€™s fine, but itā€™s a regression and I donā€™t have any huge standouts to point to at all, though Kabump and Virtue are probably the best things here. Itā€™s a shame too because I think thereā€™s some excellent setlist writing here. Miami Virtue > Red Baron, No Comment is fun. Speaking of Red Baron, itā€™s the highlight of this show - still got it!

Love the jazzy Moog in that Kabump & they tacked on a rager of a peak as well, I feel like folks are sleeping on this jam. And then you get 2x2 which is a phenomenal version IMO. That grimy funk dirge is super satisfying.

Would probably say this is my segment of the year so far.

3 Likes

My thoughts on this show exactly

1 Like

Man, I think this Kabump is absolutely sick. That moogy jazz is right up my alley, super patient stuff. And then the peak is straight up rip roaring Jake shred where he manages to not get too far over the top and really lands some screaming notes at 15:15 and then again at 15:45ā€¦that right there is killer.

1 Like

I like the 2x2 a lot.

preferred the kabump over the 2x2