2022/09/10 - Kettlehouse Amphitheater - Bonner, MT

2022/09/10 - Kettlehouse Amphitheater - Bonner, MT

Set 1: Small Strides, Fenced In > Speak Up, Miss Tinkle’s Overture, Bad Poker, Hiccup[1], Kabump > Wife Soup

Set 2: Bridgeless, Glory > The Silent Type, Plunger[2] > 2nd Self, Wappy Sprayberry

Encore: In the Kitchen > Dr. Feelgood > In the Kitchen

[1] debut, original
[2] with Aerials (System of a Down) teases

2 Likes

Is this a Bayliss setlist?

1 Like

Just took a look at the track times, and the 23+ min standalone Bridgeless to open set 2 seems very promising. I really like that they’re doing this more often these days. I love the big improv chunks within a standalone version of their heavy hitters. :+1:

5 Likes

One way to make your new song sound really good is to play it immediately after Bad Poker :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Sure looks like it

That’s a pretty sexy looking second set if you ignore silent type

This first kabump jam is pretty sexy. Joel getting after it

Love the Anchor Drops piano intro into Tinkles! That’s pretty rare

Stand-alone Wappy not going > Song is also pretty uncommon

5 Likes

Sounds like a Voices inside my head tease in Plunger.

1 Like

Hiccup sounds pretty good! Glad they played it before tour ended. Has live potential too, I think. Fun tune

2 Likes

Also Aerials (System Of A Down) teases

Seems like they’re really going for it lately. I got some catching up to do. @opsopcopolis and @ridingwiththeking put a recent show on in the van last night but I slept through it

What’s the shortlist of must hear jams from the last month or so?

Edit: just gonna post this in random thoughts actually

2 Likes

Three AFAF songs in the first set so Huey could hear the new stuff before he went home to bed?

3 Likes

If we want some sweet Steely Dan-ish improv after Hiccup, seems like the only logical spot is just to tag it on the end. I hope they try that at some point. The harmonies sounded surprisingly decent most of the time.

This show was cool, though like last week I think the shows got gradually “worse” as they went on, even though the last show in the run was still good. LOTS of chugging :slight_smile: Bridgeless is the obvious standout. That jam goes lots of different places - uplifting, spacey, metal - brings it all together real well. The last minute of Kabump is also a highlight but man, that jam is just starting to get super interesting and then they end it. For shame.

The solid Plunger outro metal jam is almost cliche at this point but I hope they continue to play them on the reg. System of a Down was a nice touch.

1 Like

So good. Studio MTO was my introduction to UM

1 Like

I thought the Kabump > Soup was the highlight of this one. Love that jazz funk jamming in both slots and the drop in a dime segue into Soup was unexpected and really well executed.

Agree that this is one of the lesser shows from the past 3 weeks but it’s still pretty great.

2 Likes