2022/09/02 - Hollywood Palladium - Los Angeles, CA

Bad Friday basically always goes type 2 these days, here’s all the 2021 versions

But yah I agree with you about the jam quality at this show. And I’m also happy that the can’t you see is part of a 8min all in time part 1. It’s barely anything, especially for an all in time.

3 Likes

What is “Vamp” and how could I tell if a jam is planned?

Vamp is synonymous with type 1, and type 1 is improvising within the context of the original song. Type 2 is full band improvisation where the original chord structure/tempo/key are abandoned. Planned jam was reserved for songs like In the Kitchen and Booth (and I think ntf also) where there were sections of the song (usually the intro) where there’s basically composed sections but they aren’t part of the studio recording and are a staple of the live versions. For a while dub mulche was that also but they haven’t done a dub mulche in a few years.

Edit: between November 19 through NYE ‘21 I made “listening guides” for every show, and posted them in the respective setlist threads here. It was all done in excel…and at the end of the years (for 20 and 21) I made song summaries for that year, which is what I pasted above. Here’s where I got it from

https://the-bort.com/t/2021-listening-guide-summaries/7045/3

3 Likes

BF is real good. More dance party jams like this please

Really enjoyed this show in person and thought the BF held up on relisten. Floor is def good too, haven’t relistened to the last 3 jams yet but thought they were all good/great at the time. As usual, an interesting setlist from Joel (I’m assuming).

Pretty small crowd but I liked the venue a lot; hope they sold enough to get invited back.

I read Oakland was pretty sparse too. Hopefully they play a bunch of smaller venues next time.

Another turbo IDM here.

I think the improv from the prior night was stronger.

May I ask where one can stream this show and Oakland?

Most Grateful.

JR

Audio stream at nugs.net

To build off of what @Zencer said, nugs.com also a video of the Oakland show up until 9/13

got your link

Right here:

:musical_note:Now Playing Umphrey’s McGee:Sep 03, 2022 at Fox Theater, Oakland, CA on @nugsnet
NUGS.NET | Download Live Umphrey's McGee MP3 FLAC 9/3/22, Fox Theater, Oakland, CA

This is also now linked up in the setlist up top of the Oakland thread

1 Like