2022/09/01 - Observatory North Park - San Diego, CA

Asheville N1 really best of 2022, with all of the great summer tour shows? Guess I’m going to have to give it a listen.

The Roctopus thru Educated Guess section is not great, that Phil’s jam really noodles around without doing anything interesting. That’s enough for me to knock it down a peg below 7/8, for example. Still a top 5 show from this year, just quality jams everywhere.

I’m only up to Conduit but the improv in this show is really inspired. Every jam has been hot.

Finally got around to listening to the audio. Seasons is substantially better than I remember it, Echo->R2 is surprisingly good for being lil guys. Escape is good, conduit is good but lives inches from 8/17/13. First jam in ringo is fosho that dude, even the second is listenable.

Blue Echo is def the under the radar jam from this one, short jam but my highlight of the first set. Seasons jam is great, peak sounds a bit forced, especially in comparison to Ringo and Escape Goat

Def a SOTY contender, monster show

This show FUX harder than a side stage summer camp act with less than a dozen people in attendance.

Why is no one talking about this Seasons. Best Seasons since Joel clav in Atlanta and probably best ever. Nice little emotional start into some chugs and a half assed but nice peak. And Blue Rocker was cool

Escape Goat and Conduit are both great, but the Ringo slot 1 jam is so fucking good. Slot 2 didn’t do much for me but fuck it still cool.

If you cut Milk and Puppet and do a jammed out cover then we are entering 8/15/19 territory. But it did lose some steam with those two at the end. Great fucking show though

I was fluffing the Seasons during set break lol, and yah this show is pretty easily top 3 of the year for me…probably #1 with attendance bias

1 Like

I discussed the Seasons as well. It certainly will be in the discussion for my 2022 HOF voting. Pretty cool that the rest of this show is good enough that a jam like that can be overshadowed.

1 Like

Joel knows what’s up:

Don’t think this Seasons remotely comes close to 7/8, but it’s still good. On the other hand I think this is my fav Goat yet

I’d rank the jams Escape Goat > Ringo1 > Echo > Seasons > Puppet

3 Likes

I think Phil’s might keep this out of soty territory. What an abomination

Now, now, the Phil’s I will admit is a bit subpar, but it is far from abomination. It was a jam that would have been par for the course around summer/fall last year. So that means it’s not great but…it’s perfectly listenable and fine and it doesn’t detract too much from this show to have one jam like that :slight_smile:

Agreed

1 Like

Wait until you hear this second set opener from Bozeman…they haven’t even gotten to the jam yet but I just have a hunch.

2 Likes

You there? Looks (JO) like another 20 min Escape JOTY. Fuck I dig this song.

2 Likes

I wish brah but I’m sitting here ten hours away watching some new show on Netflix from the Adventure Time peeps.

1 Like

I’m really pissed I’m not able to catch any of these fresh Summer 22 Goats

2 Likes

So I’m just getting around to listening to this and I don’t see that anyone has mentioned this yet, but isn’t jam2 of Ringo just the band jamming over the bassline to Hot Wheels by Doom Flamingo?

I saw that noted as a tease on ATU but I don’t know what that is and doubt many here would

1 Like

I guess I should have actually checked that site as well.

I’ve found myself pleasantly surprised at the couple DF shows I’ve actually listened to.

Yep, it’s the baseline from Hot Wheels. In my “old show notes” in the top post I flagged that as a “repeat stew?” so while i wasn’t right I also wasn’t completely wrong. But yah, even listening to it live I knew I’d heard it before