2022/08/21 - The Caverns Amphitheater - Pelham, TN

2022/08/21 - The Caverns Amphitheater - Pelham, TN

One Set: 40’s Theme, 1348 > 2x2, Dayville Monarchy > 1348, Always October[1], Plunger > Den, Escape Goat

Encore: Making Flippy Floppy[2]

[1] debut, original
[2] with the Disco Biscuits

Had a blast at this one honestly. Always October remains terrible but other than that the improv in 1348 and Plunger brought the heat and I enjoyed the flow to this show. Look forward to relistening.

I swear they play Den towards the end of every other show I’m at and it just wastes 6 minutes, though. This one was really no different. Jam Escape Goat instead, you pussies :slight_smile: Escape Goat was transcendent live even without much of a jam though.

3 Likes

Two Escape Goats in 4 days and both large steps back. I hope they go deep on it again at Scrose.

3 Likes

So true. Poor setlist placement has to be at least part of the problem which is puzzling since they seemed amped to jam it during its first two live versions.

2 Likes

Set opener or GTFO

2 Likes

Phone died mid 2x2 jam clocking. Pound for pound, that is UM’s best song in my book. I remember liking the Dayville Monarchy jam as well

Listened back to the MFF and although I didn’t feel like it held up as good as I remember, that was fun as fuck to see live

Man, I would have never predicted when I first heard it that Dayville Monarchy would turn into a great old-school-UM type jam vehicle. This isn’t quite the Ohio version, but I love the mellow groove they explore here (complete with Owner of a Lonely Heart teases from Joel.) Nice lead-in to 1348 too. They keep doing this and I will start to highly anticipate this song.

Agree that Escape Goat’s issues are more due to poor set placement than anything else. Frustrating.

My gosh do they have some work to do to make Always October a workable live song (maybe they shouldn’t even bother? heh). Step 1 though would be slowing it down. This version is way too fast for everyone. Step 2 would be “learn to sing” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damn @kev347 basically predicting the encore for this show Fantasy UM Setlist Thread - #124 by kev347

2 Likes

I wonder why Dayville Monarchy is listed as Dayville on nugs.

1 Like

I would guess Chris doesn’t really even know the name and they just wrote Dayville on the stage setlist.

1 Like

No. It’s got to go deeper. I think it’s UM recognizing that they have been dethroned by tDB.

1 Like

The pawns of peace who stole the crown?

3 Likes

The battle of bands who can’t sellout anything above 1k cap amphitheaters

2 Likes