2022/06/12 - Champlain Valley Exposition - Essex Junction VT

OK guys. Ball’s in your court. Take what you’ve learned this weekend and go and give us 5-6 song sets all weekend long next weekend :slight_smile: I know you’ve got it.

7 Likes

Last year I think it was N2S2 was a really good set at 5 songs

Another thing I learned tonight: Kris goes harder (see: turbo IDM, Attachments 1st section) when he knows he gets to take a 10 minute nap in the middle of the set.

Attachments was fucking sick. I’ll take a famtachment at every show

2 Likes

Definitely hitting Indy after seeing these DUMB tour setlists. Hopefully they keep up the momentum through next week.

1 Like

8 songs for 1:45 set and I felt like it kept getting stronger as it went on peaking with that Attachments. I suck at GITV these days so this was my first show this year but spacing it out makes me enjoy the shows I do go to so much more. I hadn’t even listened to much UM these last many months, a little more this last week to hype up for the show and for a one-setter I couldn’t have been much happier given 2022 UM. The jajunk to end the set was the cherry on top, knew we wouldn’t get much of a jam with the likely time left in the set but to me junk is right up there with AIT and Mantis endings as my ideal way to close a show. My buddy who was in Portland the night before said this was a much better set, can’t speak on that and nothing was mindblowing but for 1 set I’ll take what we got every time.

2 Likes

This set looks really good. IDM is so fast, almost feels like a different song

1 Like

great decision to increase the tempo on IDM, was definitely getting stale.

2 Likes

Wasn’t expecting it to be this fast. First UM I’ve voluntarily listened to in quite awhile

1 Like

Damn, UM actually sounds good. Enjoyed that IDM quite a bit and this Mantis is killer. Driving hard rocking peaking UM with the classic Joel piano solo outro. Feels like there are some balls behind this jam that have been sorely lacking over the past year.

1 Like

This IDM is damn good

3 Likes

This is all good umphreys. Boys = back, temporarily??? Until they’re not again???

3 Likes

The Bisco effect

3 Likes

Not a fan of turbo IDM. Cheap bisco rip off. UM is better than that

Enjoyed this one but I also prefer the slower version in a vacuum, would rather they play that most of the time and skip the return to the song post-Jake solo section.

Having never heard the faster version I just liked that it was a) different and b) the beat didn’t drop like it does normally in the “B” section

Isnt this the only time they’ve done it?

The way some people on here were talking it sounded like no but it definitely was the first time I’d heard it.

I’m not even sure how long that songs been around, pretty sure the first time I caught it was last year in New Haven, but I am fairly positive that is the first turbo version of the song.