2022/06/04 - St. Augustine Amphitheatre - St. Augustine, FL

2022/06/04 - St. Augustine Amphitheatre - St. Augustine, FL

Set 1: Room to Breathe, In the Kitchen > White Man’s Moccasins, Conduit, The Fussy Dutchman, Mail Package

Set 2: Cut the Cable, Wizard Burial Ground, 2x2, Plunger > Andy’s Last Beer > Ocean Billy

Encore: Kula > In the Kitchen

1 Like

What a great looking setlist for 2022. Can’t wait to listen.

Junk was cut at the end of set 1, which is a good sign for improv. Cut the Cable was played with a JO.

2 Likes

Have to imagine ITK & Conduit are pretty huge unless they improv’d in an unusual place

1 Like

Both were huge

2 Likes

Track times look good

1 Like

14 minutes each. Wouldn’t call that huge on paper but track times look good for this show, especially 2x2 > Plunger at 40 minutes

UMfam Cshore would be fluff city right now

4 Likes

I was only able to listen to the Kitchen omw home from work but I enjoyed it…the ending of the jam was really good.

2 Likes

ITK 17 min as a whole if you count the reprise.

Those 3 min matter during such fluff sessions.

3 Likes

Wizard thru end of show looks great

1 Like

H. - Tool jam in first half of this Conduit. This jam is probably the highlight of the show for me.

3 Likes

I had high expectations listening jsut now, but man that jam was allllll over the place. Only section that really felt locked in was the last one. Enjoyed the ITK more, but still didn’t think it was great. It feels like everybody and then Jake, and I feel like I can’t hear BB at all

1 Like

The ITK payoff was great, but the journey was pure Jake wankery.

Felt that way about the Conduit too. The first section Jake was just trying to find a chance to noodle all over.

I was just following along to the H. Theme that entire time, but I definitely agree.

1 Like

I’m ready to throw this one in the mix with 2/25 for show of the year.

First set is fun throughout and I’d venture to say the Conduit is my favorite jam of the show

Cable has a fun little jam and 2x2, Plunger both having 8+ minute jams is something I’d be happy with at every show. 2x2 didn’t move mountains for me but still enjoyed. The thrashy Plunger is pretty reminiscent of 8/15/19 and didn’t want it to end

Billy was fine and the transition in Kula > Kitchen was pretty slick. I like this show a lot and after 1 listen I’m ready to throw it into the mix of SOTY so far

1 Like

I can hear H., but I’m not sure I’d call it an H. jam. I’d hesitate to even call it a tease because the rhythm is off. They do find the call and response power chord phrase but they don’t seem to stick with it in a meaningful way to justify a tease, IMO

1 Like

3 Likes

Love this Plunger, excellent show

1 Like

Finally finished listening to this one. Kinda reminds me of the Resonance set from last year with a ton of improv. Glad to see them pumping out longer stuff, but none of it stuck with me and the majority of it felt kinda all over the place and poorly coordinated.

1 Like