2021/11/14 - Morris Performing Arts Center - South Bend, IN

If I was requesting Anchor Drops, SFB, Kimble or something like that, I’d feel the same way. Even something like a Wally that sometimes gets improv. I’ve heard these tunes a million times and seen UM a ton. If I request a Blue Echo, I’m requesting it based on how they’ve played it in the past. A standardish Echo or Synco would be major blue balls. I feel this is implied when requesting these major bangers.

I get what you are saying though. Also, I would have been totally happy with this show given what I’ve heard from UM this year. The AIT and Attachments were both solid and I have fun at UM shows either way. Sometimes I just don’t listen back to them.

2 Likes

when it comes to UM, the jam is never to be implied or expected.

1 Like

Hasn’t Synco always been hit or miss as to whether there’s improv? Echo has almost always been a guarantee but I feel like I saw multiple Syncos over the years with no jam

2 Likes

Solid point!

1 Like

Standard synco is the bluuuuurst

Yeah, you are right. I just have high hopes :frowning:

Yes, I’ve seen far more standard ones

Yeah Synco is like 1/2 and 1/2 improv or standard but it seems like sooo many of the standard versions happen in the midwest. I have seen somewhere around 90 shows and only once got a Synco with improv (2/14/09).

2 Likes

I was gonna say the last synco I saw with actual improv was that barrymore show

pretty sure the only Synco ive seen with improv is from 2/1/18 (GOAT)

but ah still fukn luv that sawng

1 Like

8/15/14 is the only synco jam I’ve seen.

I saw Synco jams on 8/13/10 and 2/18/16, respectively

1 Like

4/11/07 is the GOAT Synco

1 Like

Good one. I prefer 2/9/08

1 Like

the GOAT synco for my tastes.

That Barrymore run was such a blast. My first time doing multiple nights I’ve only seen them once going into that run. First show in Milwaukee 2008.

Still in highschool, so young, and really started my touring with them shortly after that.

Same 09 was my senior year of HS>start of college. Really hit the ground running that year. So your first show had a Mamu? Sick

Yeah that set list was full of great songs obviously had no idea what was going on. But looking back on that show song wise, it was a crazy one for my first show.

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

3 Likes