2021/11/11 - The Truman - Kansas City, MO

Not sure how many times this has to be said but UM only plays well in the Northeast

2 Likes

oh my fucking god

1 Like

Yeah I enjoyed some parts of it then it just spiraled off

So the good news is: That 3 minutes there where Joel came in with the soaring eerie line over the Jake metal riff was the best 3 minutes of the show.

The bad news is: Wow, Roctopus was about the opposite of what this set needed. Whoever wrote this 2nd set needs an immediate trip to setlist jail.

2 Likes

i’m out. would rather get some sleep for tomorrow. sad face

thanks @WhoDatVols for runinng a setlist

3 Likes

I can’t believe that this isa 12 song show but I hate it so much

I had fun bro, thanks for tuning in

1 Like

Unfortunately this is my first Rocktapus.

1 Like

This has to be up there with some of the worst setlist writing I’ve seen this year

1 Like

Hell yeah fam

6 Likes

and the improv fucking sucked too. little to no redeeming factors

tempted to gitv and go to SL now. at least all these songs are off the table

1 Like

THIS BODY HOLDING ME

2 Likes

Yesssss. Do it!

just dont know if I wanna blow my load on gas. but im tempted. had a ticket to friday but ended up bailing

Set I (8:02 - 9:06): Bad Friday (12), The Linear (16) > Anchor Drops (4), Intentions Clear^ (12) > Turn & Dub (11) > Cut the Cable (4)

Set II (9:38) - 10:48): 40’s Theme (11), Draconian (16) > Partyin’ Peeps (yeah) > Booth Love (13) > Miami Virtue (12) > Roctopus (ha)

Here’s setlist with times. I edited the original post. A lot to bitch about but some good. Linear and Miami Virtue were kinda cool. Encore was fine. Just hope to see more inspired song selection and jams this weekend.

The band: let’s cut cable and play 2x2 JO
Bayliss: let’s cut 2x2 JO and play cable

4 Likes

Chris Mitchell: let’s cut Cable and play Cable

3 Likes

Overall I don’t regret the drive to KC. Weird venue, but overall not bad. Good crowd.

Can’t comment on the first set b/c I was pretty much on the rail and the sound was awful. But also the closest I’ve been to the band since 2005?

Second set should have been much better. I’m gonna look forward to listening to that Miami Virtue again and checking my attendance bias.

StL tomorrow and Saturday and then SB for Sunday.

2 Likes

I’ll buy you AT LEAST two beers.

2 Likes

I’ll see what time I can get off work and text my SL homegirl tomorrow AM. Gametime decision as of now