2021/08/14 - First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN

You should be.

Also, the last time I saw Lotus it was really fun. Dude turned to me after the first set and was like “when did Lotus get good again?”. I was like “idk man I haven’t seen this band in years, but this is heat”.

1 Like

Timmy P’s hometown first show with Lotus should be fire

3 Likes

Shit, I didn’t even realize Palmieri was in the band now. That should be interesting. Dude rips for sure.

1 Like

Honestly, this 2nd set is pretty tight. I loved the Tinkles jam…thought it should go longer (duh, 2021’d). Red Tape didn’t do much for me. I’m sure it was fun in the moment. Love that song. I think BLBC takes the cake for me. Sounded like they were loose and having fun for that one. And the > Outshined was great. Solid way to close it out. Great cover for UM. Kris sounds pretty bad though. Really hope that dudes ok.

4 Likes

Mrs. Robinsons in Slacker.

2 Likes

It was solid. Tone setter for the set, also bias because I fucking love Higgins (2nd show was Knoxville 2017 with the absolute bruiser of a Higgins)

1 Like

That show was gas. Definitely in my top 3 attended. We showed up late (about halfway through Reso). During the puppet jam I looked at my homegirl and said “2nd set is gonna get dark, buckle up”.

That 2nd set is some of the best energy I’ve ever felt in a room with UM. The Higgins, IC (LET JAKE COUNTRY) , and Tribute (:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:) trifecta was nothing to fuck with. I remember when Higgins started I turned to homegirl and told her I was going to piss and get a beer. She told me to wait for the jam…best advice I ever took.

Also IIRC, that was the year I saw Mister F at Scruffys. They tore it the fuck up. Wasn’t until later that I put together it was @cshore on guitar.

Tennessee theater is my favorite venue in the world.

4 Likes

This 2nd set is strange. Tinkle’s and Red Tape jams are so good. So why do they feel the need to For Whom the Bell Tolls one of them and Crazy Train the other? It’s like they lack confidence in themselves right now. It’s weird. Tinkle’s deserves to be in JOTY discussions though for sure.

Set 1: C-
Set 2: B+ (if they had let both those jams finish organically, A- would not have been out of the question here. Solid set. Higgins is good too.)

2 Likes

Was reading through the thread and just decided to stop here. Fucking bravo, Dan. 10/10.

1 Like

Last night was a lot of fun. First Avenue hooked me and the pregnant wife up with a private table above @gatroe on the balcony next to the bar so I racked up quite a tab. When they opened with Gents>DBK I did have false hopes of a 4 song set…

8 Likes

2 Likes

Damn this cw2 rages

5 Likes

Pretty upset they cut the 2nd Jo in dbk

3 Likes

Why JO when you can play a standard Cut Off?

4 Likes

We should count ourselves lucky they even played 1 jam in DBK.

2 Likes

Dude I was so pissed that night because I had to leave to set up for the after show right when set 2 was about to start. Missed all the good stuff. Love that Tribute and especially Higgins

Damn I was definitely there for that as well. Hope you enjoyed the Knoxville visit

See ya guys in Iowa.

20 Likes

Haute.

1 Like