2021/08/14 - First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN

We should count ourselves lucky they even played 1 jam in DBK.

2 Likes

Dude I was so pissed that night because I had to leave to set up for the after show right when set 2 was about to start. Missed all the good stuff. Love that Tribute and especially Higgins

Damn I was definitely there for that as well. Hope you enjoyed the Knoxville visit

See ya guys in Iowa.

20 Likes

Haute.

1 Like

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

EDIT: 90% sure that’s a Bad Friday tease jam in BLBC

2 Likes

That first set is abysmal to look at. 9 songs and ~10min of type 2 (not counting the objectively bad segue in Cut Off). That being said, the second set seems to make up for it on paper, but the constant tease jams were killing it for me.

Whhhyyyyy the crazy train?!?! That jam was going so well. So unnecessary UGH

7 Likes

Because the crowd ate it the fuck up immediately

2 Likes

They wanted to go off the rails

3 Likes

How about that C Walk II jam? So nasty

5 Likes

This is so cool thank you for this!!

5 Likes

Yooo Mike and Connor what up!

2 Likes

Yeppp. Same thing happened with the Dr Feelgood out of Intentions in MKE. Crowd went crazy for that shit while about 5 of us were like…WTF

Pretty much explains a lot about why UM does what they do.

5 Likes

They have no self respect?

1 Like

stupid normies. enjoying shitty tease jams.

#custieraptors4jesus

1 Like

I think UM doesn’t really want to be a jam band anymore. And the V4J crowds are validating that they can move away from a lot of improv and still have an audience. As far back as SS promotion they’ve gone out of their way to make comments about being a “rock band” first and foremost, they pre-compose a lot of “improv”, and even the 20th anniversary branding said “celebrating 20 years of rock”. They just wanna rawk out and get cheap pops with covers and teases to crowds who are eager to lap up whatever they dump on them.

7 Likes

they’re all too happy.

Stasik’s wife got an HGTV show.
Bayliss is a happy family man.
Joel has a kid.
Myers finally got clean.
Andy thinks this GF is “the one”
Jake hasn’t seen Sultan in months.

They’re coasting because life is good. It happens in some way or another to every band.

12 Likes

Agreed. They are very comfortable right now. As people I’m very happy for them. As a fan of the band, it’s just a bit of a bummer.

4 Likes