2021/08/12 - Frederik Meijer Gardens - Grand Rapids, MI

#triggered

2 Likes

Your spreadsheet is giving you 11.7/21 instead of 10.8. also Midwest penalty doesn’t apply I’m a NE fluffboi.

1 Like

You can’t add denominators homie.

4 Likes

Yea from a math rule standpoint… but then you need to make encore .01 instead of .1 to keep the encore being a tenth of the weight of the sets.

This is the discussion I always wanted to have on the Bort

@Albert_Ross Your input would also be valuable here

EDIT: Just redid my math and yes I screwed up.

The rule we had in grad school for doing simple math was to grab the nearest undergrad.

5 Likes

I’m here for this

3 Likes

I’m rustyAF compared to my math nerd days. I might be wrong too

1 Like

I think TLS Rocker 2 epitomizes what bugs me about UM these days

14 Likes

This fir is sick.

wtf is TLS? I feel like the only one here that can’t place this riff

The jam from The London Session version.

3 Likes

Yep. That said, the rest of this set is sick. Really enjoyed the fir segment and the spires jam was cool

1 Like

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

3 Likes

Highest energy show out of the 4 UM shows I’ve seen this summer, but GR usually always brings the most energy compared to other cities I see UM at. Total hometown bias, but its 100% true

Fir was obvious highlight, and could be my fave dance jam of 2021 without relistening. Also best version of WWS I’ve ever seen live. That caught me really off guard. It’s nice to see this band making this lawn chair venue a place to see them aim for greatness (as best as they can these days).

5 Likes

Something happened during the 2nd Blecho jam. After the first section of the jam was done, jake went to the talkback with a riff made up and was mouthing it for the band. Everyone picked up on it and went to start it but Stasik couldnt comprehend. Then Kris got on the talkback and they eventually went into BTL. Was dissaponting. I know for a fact Jake was ready to cook up a B section

5 Likes

This triple wide is pretty nice. Like that 3x seems to be getting jammed more compared to recent years

2 Likes

Come back @Kenwoo77

Damn, that’s a grade A response.