2021/06/27 - Levon Helm Studios - Woodstock, NY

No way that’s amazing thank you for this info

Long gap for We’re Going to War, good to see that one pop up! Longest ever actually.

3 Likes

Did you have fun @gatroe ?

I’m sorry I wasn’t there or I’d have requested they play a mediocre reso (no more than 16 mins) for you :heart:

Looks like they’re not on the menu yet, but planned for it in the near future. Here’s the original announcement.

They also do garbage plates at their food truck as a special every once in a while.

They barely talk about the songs at all lol. I was actually hoping for more insight

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

10 Likes

Just want to say that these are still fucking awesome, Niko. Well done continuing this project

9 Likes

yup. between these and the self-suck journey, Giza’s lead in the BOTY race is smaller than some people would think.

1 Like

His lead is smaller? You mean his penis?

1 Like

3 Likes

What a cool experience. The lot was a fun scene and the freedom to bring in drinks or step out for a puff made this really unique for a UM show. Also, being able to buy merch then run it back to the car was great.

Set one was a pretty standard first set, with a couple nice jams in bridgeless and junk. Water had me (and everyone else I saw) feeling emotional. Really nice version.

Set two opened up with a powerful puppet string. From there, I thought WWS killed some of the energy. I like the song, but I didn’t care for this placement.

Being able to watch kris so closely on songs like BTL was worth the ticket price alone.

Overall, not the best show for jams but was still a fantastic night sweating it up at the barn

8 Likes

Are you denim Dan? We were on the back wall as well but on the right hand side

2 Likes

What’s up denim Dan! Big fan of yours !

1 Like

I was to the left of the reserved section, in front of the back wall. Glad I was able to secure that spot for both sets

Who runs the studio these days? Is Levon’s wife still alive/involved or his daughter?

Why did he pronounce “Lowell” so weirdly

It was weird

Reminded me of when he called Petrucci “Patitucci”

Just got around to listening to this show.

We finally know “It’s all your circus now” is being sung to Kris!