2021/06/26 - Apple Valley Park - Lafayette, NY

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this set 1, really quality jams.

Also @jwelsh8 there’s Rhiannon teases in Example 1 around 3:30 that aren’t labelled on ATU

1 Like

Love turbo wormbog!

3 Likes

Set I: Similar Skin, In the Kitchen > Professor Wormbog, Hourglass, Stinko’s Ascension, Example 1, Make It Right

Set II: 1348 > In the Kitchen, Nemo, Draconian, Andy’s Last Beer, Der Bluten Kat > Hangover > Der Bluten Kat

Encore: Speak Up > 1348

Notes:
Looks cut from set 1

2nd set looks like a lotta fun.

Any idea what the lyrics Jake was singing during Draconian are?

I actually Googled the lyrics repeatedly and couldn’t find anything, so I’m going to call that a Jake lyrical stew! (unless someone can confirm different). It certainly was pretty stereotypical metal Jake lyrics but it made for an interesting twist on Draconian.

This show was OK. Friday is better. There are too many songs in the second set. DBK and Draconian are two of their longest songs - five other songs are not needed there. Highlights are 1348 and Kitchen. Enjoyed how Kitchen switched from the standard dance party groove to a slower almost Fancy-esque jam and rode that groove for a few minutes before a perfect segue into Wormbog.

Stinko’s sounded a little rough in the midsection, unfortunately. Didn’t bother to check Hourglass :slight_smile:

After covers made a return at Red Rocks, back to another 2-night run without them. Can’t say I hate this trend, though I don’t want them to disappear entirely either.

1 Like

Is this the first Make It Right with improv?

Dang it, I knew I forgot something :slight_smile: It is! There was clearly some pre-arranging put into this one but the breakdown into an extended smooth uplifting jam followed by speeding up worked well. Glad to see them pushing themselves a lot already this year by trying improv in new songs, ending sets with improv, etc.

1 Like

I threw this show on at work yesterday and wasn’t paying the closest attention but I remember thinking the run of Stinkos > Ex1 > MiR to end the set was pretty awesome.

Edit: listening back. Stinkos jam definitely stinks. Super flubby, felt like they didn’t have anywhere to take that riff and just decided to beat it into the ground (badly). Some shitty Bayliss joke before ex1 then a Fleetwood Mac tease :face_vomiting:. Make it Right is solid.

TL;DR: UM sucks, but I like those songs. Stoked to see the boys in Boone.

1 Like

This 1348 however is pretty dope. I’m gonna skip to DBHangoverK next though. I never want to hear that Jake lyrical in Draco ever again.

1 Like

I think you have Draconian mixed up with a different stew thanlt never made it in rotation. Draconian came from London ITK 2014 and its def Bae singing

Draconian is probably a current top 5 jam vehicle to see live.

This Draconian has a Jake lyrical stew

Oh no shit. Guess now I have to check it out.

Please dont

2 Likes

Draconian hasn’t been a good jam vehicle since early 2018. Has been neutered since then

3 Likes

Why didnt you stop me

5 Likes

Tried to tell you bro

Theres one from last year before the shutdown that I liked, but I did forget 2019 didnt have any noteworthy ones. I have faith the song came deliver again though.