2021/05/28 - Crofoot Festival Grounds - Pontiac, MI

This Fir outro is getting dare I say, jazzy

3 Likes

Yeah outro jam made up for no reg fir jam. I was bummed when that happened but we were playing with house money at that point. Plunger was my highlight and there was a bleeding sunset going on the entire time. When they segued into booth, sun was down. Dbk also highlight of the show with wappy right there with it.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m going to circle back to the first set in a few. Definitely a solid overall set and wouldn’t have a complaint if I was there besides the no Fir jam but not as strong as advertised based on track times.

Linear was sick but could have been much longer.

Decent mad love but I’ve heard better.

1 Like

see: September 5, 2020

4 Likes

Puppet String
with I Keep Forgettin’ (Michael McDonald) and Regulate (Warren G) teases

• Felt like they were going in and out of both songs, to my ears.
1 Like

I like how loud Stasik is in the mix this year. This DBK is def really good and patient with a great payoff. Like @kev347 noted, surprised they skipped the Bayliss solo, which is the best part of DBK

2 Likes

I mean yeah I keep forgettin is sampled in Regulate

4 Likes

This is a fucking awesome set list on paper imo

8 Likes

This DBK was a fun listen. Stasik killing it this year. Imagine if his personality improved as much as his bass playing has…would be a pretty cool guy.

7 Likes

This is SOTY until @jwelsh8 approves me to write the Woodstock setlist. I think I prefer S1 to S2 but this show is littered with improv throughout.

Really enjoyed both short jams in Mitten and Linear. Pretty stellar way to start a show. I’m always a fan of Mad Love in S1 and I’m curious how this one stacks up on @hbbubblebath’s best Mad Love list but DBK is the big highlight here. Super tight groove into a very patient, uplifting jam before dropping into Jimmy. I’m always down to set the table so I’m not opposed to a late in the set Seasons, especially with a really good JO. The whole DBK > Soc > Seasons > DBK segment is top notch.

S2 is just all heavy hitters. Plunger is fine but I feel like a precedent was set in 2019 with monster Plungies and this one just doesn’t get there for me. I thought all you seasoned vets hated the Jake chugs? Wappy definitely delivers here. One of my favorites in recent memory. My biggest gripe here is skipping the Fir jam but as @Andrusy mentioned, they’re playing with house money at this point and they still tacked on a nice bounceback jam in the outro.

Highlights for me are Wappy and DBK. While some of the jams fell flat for me (Booth, RT, Fir) I’m still super jealous of anyone in attendance for this one.

5 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

We were LOOOOOOONG overdue for a heater. Man that was fun.

Can’t wait for the abortion clinic tonight.

3 Likes

I get what both of y’all are saying. I wanna say Detroit ‘15 is a good example of them flipping the switch between the two songs

Are they playing at Planned Parenthood tonight? :grin:

4 Likes

Gotta say it, the setup last night was fantastic. I loved it.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear. It’s doesn’t look too sweet from a far.

I’d definitely enjoy not having to look past rows of cars to see the stage.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Yes. This isn’t my first rodeo. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes