2021/05/14 - SeatGeek Stadium - Chicago, IL

About a 2 min half delayed JO > end HBB. Also a jam before half delayed

But was it a HBB jam?

1 Like

Idk it was good but super short. It didn’t segue out of HD if that’s what you’re asking. It’s like an Attachments jam

P sure this is just a reference to the 2/17/12 Junk or Wellwishers jam

1 Like

Don’t you mean the 2/17/12 Wellwishers jam?

It didn’t segue out? That’s dumb

I really hate Tom Petty. That is all.

1 Like

Listening back to this show, the first set is pretty strong with the Attachments, Kitchen and IC jams all holding their own (my sleeper pick is the Kitchen jam that starts dancey then goes weird). HBB > Half Delayed > HBB sounds great on re-listen even though it did not blow my mind on first watch. Reso is probably the jam of the show too. I think it left a bad taste in my mouth because of the aborted Draco jam but the show has some big highlights

Digging this IC so far. Good versions of IC > everything else

Other than ending set 2 with 40s this is my kinda setlist tbh. Probably in the minority but I like this song selection better than N2

edit: looks like the ITK ending inside Draco neutered the jam which is a bummer. If they scrapped that ITK they could’ve really milked Draconian to end set 2.

Joel is doing all the right things during Resolution, damn. Haven’t heard him commanding a jam like this in a while. Whole band is locked in but Joel is definitely making this jam so far

1 Like

What were your thoughts on the kitchen jam in set 1? Probably would’ve been ideal to finish it then but thought it was a highlight along with IC

Didn’t listen, I’ll check it out although I’m 3 medium tempo E minor jams deep now so idk how much I’ll love it.

Ending of this Reso is great kinda wish there was more of a cathartic peak though

This Kitchen jam is definitely starting out nicely

1 Like

During the reso I was really hoping they’d go for a soaring peak just to solidify it as a jam to remember. Still a great groove tho. Kitchen was a sleeper pick for me, Jake kinda annoys me but fun dance jam nonetheless

HBB > Half Delayed > HBB, Reso is a nice stretch of UM right there. Damn that 2nd HBB jam is really fucking dope. Could have definitely kicked into full dance party mode for another 5 mins but still very cool for what it is. Really enjoyed that Intentions Clear from the first set, too. Nice bass line from Stasik in this jam and love the way the milk the patient groove for a good 4-5 mins before peaking it.

1 Like

Really enjoy this Half Delayed placement in the middle of HBB

1 Like

Felt like the timing on Draco was almost double time in the start of the song. 40s on the other hand seemed patient and I loved it. Wonder what a Dub-40s would sound like.

1 Like

ew no

3 Likes

This jam after the “Free Fallin’” section is quite cool.

1 Like

I can’t recall if Dub Wife Soup was any good, but remember Funk DBK? Sheeeesh was that bad. Only positive was getting the GiB debut in the middle

1 Like