2021/05/14 - SeatGeek Stadium - Chicago, IL

Lmao “if short on time”

6 Likes

@cryan024 you dodged a bullet man

1 Like

Ehh I didn’t think it was that bad. And I was sober. 6/10 and definitely not the worst I’ve seen.

1 Like

Why so many songs? Oh right, it’s chicago. Definitely Bayliss on this one with no extras.

2 Likes

Yeah not sure about that one. Reso was fantastic.

1 Like

I just have no idea how you could write that second set and think yup this will work great in a 75 minute time slot. For some reason I felt like Jake and Ryan were annoyed during the show but probably just me being very annoyed by the aborted jams

1 Like

Yeah almost no improv after that Reso. I felt like Jake was having an off night. Didn’t catch the first but plenty of flubs in that second set. Hope they come back strong tonight but definitely the worst show from these past few weeks.

1 Like

someone needs to make a post 2018 power ranking of the chicago shows. Every time I ready about one it’s the same complaints. Too many songs, no jams to revisit.

1 Like

Was 2018 a good Chicago show?

I think he was talking about the 3 night winter February run they did. Whatever year that was probably some of the better shows in Chicago they’ve played

Hmm yeah besides holiday shows, the only ChicaUMgo shows I’ve seen was drive inn N2 last year (disaster) and the make up 3 setter from 2017. I actually enjoyed that show, especially the acoustic set but I can’t say if I’ve listened back since then or not.

Yeah I live so close to Chicago so I go to every show here but why can’t they just hit one out of the park here? I had fun last night and generally liked the song selection for the most part, but god damn did they try to squeeze way to much into that 2nd set.

1 Like

Yeah even without much improv I would’ve loved that first set. Seems like they have been starting S2 off with some improv but not much else for the rest of the set. New Haven N2 had a killer Ringo and then finished the set with 1000 Places > Crucial Taunt, MV > end Mantis.

2018 is a completely arbitrary cut off point. I know absolutely nothing about post 2014 UM.

He was thinking about his buddy Kris. You know this has to be a hard time for the band right now.

2 Likes

a LOT of older songs in this show and I like the selection. There’s only 7 songs in the 2nd set, that’s not terrible, it seems like they could’ve gotten to some good improv if they wanted. Most of the songs in that set are springboards for usually good jams. What happened to the killer Draconians?

Honestly, my opinion still stands and most of it probably has to do with the drive in concert theme. Not a fan. I think I’ll wait until Umphreys can play actual venues before I go see them again.

Drive in is definitely not ideal. They also didn’t have the second row of speakers, so while it was fine in row 6 last night, I’m curious to see what it’ll be like further back tonight

We got there late last night and ended up in the very last row. It was less than ideal to say the least.

1 Like