2021/04/30 - Atlanta Motor Speedway, Atlanta, GA

Which is basically the equivalent of pigs flying if you see how much we hate on UM in private.

What was up with that the jams?

Looks decent to me, cut Rocktopus and maybe even fire

Tru

I wouldn’t call a 6 song sets with kabump and sludge predicable, especially with this being their first really show since like October or something. I honestly was expecting super song-y sets with aborted jams. Yeah, rocktopus is a meh opener and conduit blows, but jams were there

Yes that set would be amazing but you could argue there’s a chance for more improv the way the set is constructed right now

1 Like

Wtf fam answer me

Didn’t listen.

@kev347 said it was good. Which got the @Bron-yr-Aur approval. So hive mind says yes.

4 Likes

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

4 Likes

I think the Linear is really solid here. The suxity is up there too. Other notable mentions are the Kabump, Reso, and August. Overall this was a pretty good show imo.

1 Like

#hivemind

Yeah I was just being an ass. I would probably take n1s2 over my set

2 Likes

Listening to this show and the Suxity was pretty extended but not super exploratory. Linear was good as it usually is, but the Kabump jam actually made me go back and replay the 2nd jam. There are some Glide teases from Pony around the 12m mark and from there they go into a weird sort of spaced cowboy jam with Jake playing some twangy octave pedal shit and Kris laying down a shuffling groove. Bayliss pops in out of nowhere and the Jake/BB interplay at the peak of this jam is classic UM.

4 Likes

Yea really digging this 2nd jam. Very natural peak as opposed to the 0-60 they do so often. Plus it’s moody as heck.

1 Like

This show is actually pretty good. Probably the best drive in show yet (though I haven’t heard 5/1 yet).

2 Likes

Holy 2nd set, Batman!

1 Like

16:54 KaBump definitely catches my attention. Will listen.

edit - this second KaBump is good

That first Kabump jam is one of my favorites of the weekend. Has an “Eleanor Rigby” sort of vibe.

1 Like

Anyone hear “The Wheel” around 7:29 in “Remind Me”?

Holy kabump man . More of this in CT please

3 Likes