2020/02/15 - ExploreAsheville.com Arena - Asheville, NC

If I saw that first set on paper for a show I didn’t attend I would undoubtedly hate on it, not many of those songs are my favorite, but it really hit the spot for me last night. The only negative thing I have to say about last night and the night before is that there weren’t nearly enough Bayliss solos

This show was hit and miss. Glad to catch a Made to Measure and the Tinkle’s was above average, but otherwise I kinda hated this first set. Then the Dump through Night Nurse was good, but not much else in the second set or encore.

Should be noted that there were Xxplosive teases in Made to Measure.

Did the 15th really sell out?!

Man, I’m already a huge BMFS fan, but I’m just so impressed how well he sits in with bands. Been seeing UM a long time, and rarely are sit ins this strong.

Any word on phreaks who never hard if Billy and we’re floored by him? The pic of his merch line after his set is priceless—mile long.

Agree on all fronts. Not a great show. The Tinkles was a lot of fun. But the first set was awful. I’ve never been more bored at an UM show…and the horns sit in was horrendous.

The second set however was A LOT of fun! Dump through Night Nurse is a phenomenal segment imo (especially the NN). The Voodoo Chile got everybody up as Kev said and that energy continued through the end of the set.

Had a blast at these shows both nights. Night 1 was much better imo though. Anybody going to the Joel show tonight?

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, to discuss its accuracy, or to make your own guide, check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

1 Like

I really liked the tinkle in set 1, as well as the night nurse in set 2.

Also I don’t see anyone mentioning the Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein teases in Voodoo Child around the 8min mark (see listening guide)

1 Like