2020/02/14 - ExploreAsheville.com Arena - Asheville, NC

Definitely better song selection than set 1

Roundabout? Or just a tease?

Clearly the latter…

That Phil’s was sick af

2 Likes

I’d love to catch them play Roundabout. Simply because it would catch me so off guard if they actually played it.

1 Like

I thought that Billy sit in was one of the best I’ve seen

2 Likes

No cover yet tonight?

1 Like

Did they actually finish AiT?

They didn’t, I figured there’s a chance the encore is > AIT so I left it

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear these Billy jams.

And there it is

1 Like

I REALLY liked this show. This whole mini-run has felt decidedly old school.

3 Likes

Hey Jojo!!!

The 2nd set definitely made me feel welcome.

Jojo is the only reason I discovered this board existed. Took me awhile to get back on track.

Actually made shirts that said this for the Iceland run. Not proud, but I’m also not ashamed.

Second set looks nice, but that whole first set could be super rough depending on the improv. Slow start and then what I assume was a standard HBB (which I haven’t seen a solid version of in seemingly years) into Kitchen doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

I thought the 1st set was an absolute blast. I was skeptical about Kitchen and Booth but the jams on them were great. 2nd set was solid with the Mitten being my highlight of the night and Phil’s with BS was kickass, but thought the AiT jam felt like metal noodling. Might’ve been my drunkness kicking in at weird times but 1st set was a blast where 2nd had its ups and downs.

Also got to meet Joel at the Moog museum, pretty cool experience meeting him and the place was super interesting too

This was a textbook “you should never judge a show by the first three songs” scenario. That was a very rough 3-song start, although Booth turned out to be an above average version with some nice Jake riffage and from there things picked up steam. If I have one complaint about tonight it’s that EVERYTHING was heavy and loud and in your face, and it got to feel a bit much by the end. Don’t get me wrong, a lot of it was excellent, but the show wasn’t paced very well. Mitten, AIT, 1348 and even HBB 2nd jam plus the sitins are all great by themselves, but a lot to take in all together. The IDM jam into AIT was super fun and above average for an encore as well. They really milked the speeding up transition back into AIT. I’m definitely nitpicking here though; there’s a lot to like about this show.

This is easily the best version of Weight Around they’ve played. Jake completely crushed the solo.

Set 2 and encore was the motherfucking business. Nice to meet ya @WOLFpacker16. Found my poster, buddy grabbed it. Also busted my fucking ass on those stairs LOL