2020/02/13 - The Caverns - Pelham, TN

Yes, they have been around for 22 years, and they vamp.

what the fuck does vamp mean

True, but no one used that term before NerdyNiko

It’s jazz musician speak.

vamp - A repeated chord progression or rhythmic figure leading either into or out of a tune or composition.

i don’t believe you that people actually use this word.

5 Likes

Lol. Yes, it’s true.

Vamping is static, improv is fluid.

Xmas in Wartime is fucking dumb

1 Like

That 2nd set really tailed off. Ah well. The Utopian is easily the best thing they’ve done so far this year.

Vamping is musician speak for playing a set of repeating chord changes without a set number of repetitions. Usually with a solo or multiple solos. Definitely a very common term but might not come up if you’re not a musician who plays with others.

1 Like

Was hoping for a 30 days in the hole…not sure if they have ever played it before

I thought the Bottom Half was great.

definitely enjoyed streaming this one, the cave looks sick. felt some of the jams had more potential than the directions they ended up, but song choice was pretty solid aside from the set 2 flow and song count

The Fir is the only redeeming thing about this show. Would’ve loved to catch my first LMS but other than that, not too mad I missed out on the caverns

The Floor from this one is pretty fuckin fierce. I love jams like this that come right out of the song already just totally pumpin. Bayliss has a great riff for the band to jump in when they cut to just him towards the end. The return into the song is fantastic. The final lyrics/build up to the lyrics is pretty rough, but I really dig this version of the song.

Lol

Best thing about this show is people on the UM FB group just losing their collective shit

But seriously I’ll listen to it later, looks good especially set 1.

What’s this about? I don’t have Facebook.

Don’t they fluff the shit out of literally every single show…?

1 Like