2020/02/13 - The Caverns - Pelham, TN

Lol

Best thing about this show is people on the UM FB group just losing their collective shit

But seriously I’ll listen to it later, looks good especially set 1.

What’s this about? I don’t have Facebook.

Don’t they fluff the shit out of literally every single show…?

1 Like

Not on facebook either but I’d assume it’s that “bESt shOw EvaR!” mentality

Haha okay I suppose I could have guessed that.

Shows not that good, you heard it here first. Caverns are dope.

Bout to rage some UM TONIGHT. They’re saving all the heat for AVL bros

1 Like

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, to discuss its accuracy, or to make your own guide, check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

2 Likes

So they play LMS for the 5th time in 5 years and we’re gonna ignore it, okey dokey

Personally I think this show is fucking great. My type of show 100%. Weird UM is far and away the best type of UM these days and this show is all about it. Fir is definitely the highlight but I like what’s going on in Remind Me, Robot and Puppet too. B1/2 is pretty typical stuff but I agree with JWelsh that it’s still solid. Haven’t listened to Floor.

1 Like

Bottom half was hot.

Yes, even more so with this one. Good for them #jaded

2020 hasn’t started with the fire 2019 blasted out of the gates with but this has been a solid last month

Video of the wildcard tease in Fir, I love the crowd reaction during a well-executed wildcard slot, this one is no exception.

3 Likes

This was a good show. Not saying it is SOTY but You are all jaded AF. Had a great time from the couch and wish I was there. Great setlist IMO, epic FIR, solid jams (Robot, Puppet, Bottom Half). Loved the Fir>Synco, Puppet Strings>Nemo awesome love that they’re playing Nemo in 2nd set so far this year. And LMS!!!

Wish Nemo and Synco would have been opened up more but that’s the price we pay for the 30 minute Fir.

They could put LMS into rotation this year, and it would be completely fine for everyone.

3 Likes

Synco not getting a jam is always disappointing but this one has about 3 minutes of Joel laying on that bassy synth sound and cool soudscapes and percussion stuff going on. For not having a jam I thought it was a cool bit.

EDIT: This whole show is really enjoyable. They delivered at the Caverns

super cool venue

This is a very good show, not quite a great one but the Fir jams are so good.

2 Likes

Listened this one for the very first time late last night. Damn what a great one this was! The Fir was quite stellar if I say so myself. Overall, great song selection, great flow and a lot of energy.

I’ll give nods to 3X, Synco, The Floor, Robot World and Puppet as great highlights from that night. That Fir, though…DAMN!