2020/01/31 Detroit, MI - Night 1

Summary

This text will be hidden

8:31 EST
Set 1: Maybe Someday, Whistle Kids > Meeting In The Aisle > Words, Mail Package^, Miami Virtue > 1348 > The Fuzz > 1348

10:11 EST
Set 2: North Route > Bad Friday, Go To Hell, Preamble > Mantis > Haji > Mantis, Little Gift > HBB

11:26
E: Hollywood Nights%

^ YYZ tease from Jake
% Ryan addresses asshole who threw the beer, says “we aren’t gonna play what we were going to play, we’re gonna play some Michigan shit for ya or somethin”

Saw the first 4 songs in the 2nd set thanks to Kris not hiding the setlist well. They look decent :slight_smile: I wish there was a spoiler feature on this board.

1 Like

Seems like Bayliss on the call this evening

1 Like

First time jamming Whistle Kids? Or do I just normally skip this song lol

1 Like

Nope. Sounds like the first time they’re taking this dog for a little walk.

There is I don’t remember the markdown tho

Hit the gear in the box at the top and select hide details

Spoiler here

Spoiler content

2 Likes

That > Aisle was slick. Pony had the baseline going the whole time

2 Likes

I’d tolerate another Whistle Kids to get Words

2 Likes

Jake tossing in another YYZ tease during MP

Maybe best Whistle Kids yet though lol if that’s saying much

Jake is feeling it. Every single close up is absolutely hilarious. MI represent

Damn good Virtue

1 Like

YYZ teases can slip in dog shit

1 Like

I guess Jake’s allowed to make that mistake when Waful was LD for 10 years. Ooof

4 Likes

Owwwwwwch

Summary

The last 4 songs of the 2nd set are Mantis > jam > Haji > Mantis, Little Gift > jam > HBB.

See spoiler above for 2nd set details. There were a few too many songs in that first set, but the Virtue jam got pretty intense there for a few minutes. Hoping they can continue going in that direction and spread out a little bit on these spoiled 2nd set songs :slight_smile:

Only a 7 song set without Meeting In The Aisle. I personally thought that first set had a lot of legs. Most explorative Whistle Kids yet > MIA. Then Package was above average and Virtue > 1348 > Fuzz > 1348 was really strong. I’ll take it! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thought Virtue was strongest in the set. Not a bad first set

1 Like

Is 7 songs plus a cover out of the ordinary? That sounds like a pretty standard song count for a first set.

2 Likes