2020/01/29 - The Clyde Theater - Ft. Wayne, IN

This second set is stupid good/fun

Strange way to get out of the draco jam, but that was fun

That second set is what you hope for every time you see a show. Good jams, good flow - petered out a bit towards the end but the set had it all. I love how they’ve tightened up the vocals on slow Cut the Cable as well.

Really great second set. Woulda cut floor and kept the draco going, but still loved it. Nice to see some really encore improv too. Enjoyed that hangover

Show looks really fun, getting excited for their Detroit shows this weekend.

Such a good time last night and totally, without question, worth the hour and a half drive and tired/groggy-ness at work this morning. Nemo, CTC, Wanna Be Your Lover were all just spectacular. Draconian was alright, but it needed fleshed out more to really get there.I wasnt a huge fan of the Columbus show last saturday, but last night was just a total reminder as to why I still see these guys so much after all these years. Great show! Can’t wait for it to come up on nugs. Also super cool to meet you and say hi @opsopcopolis!

I shoulda went, but I didn’t want to drive 7 hours round trip for 1 one show. An empty theater woulda been worth it though.

Too many snuckas there already. Woulda been crowded

7 hours is too far.

I lose all my snucka powers when I’m not in the kitchen.

My girlfriend thoroughly agrees.

Last night was actually my gf’s first UM show in 2 years and she didn’t hate it. Pretty sure it’s mostly because of how empty it was.

shows up. Man, I really wish they would have kept going with that CtC instead of ending it where they did. Still fucking awesomely weird jam though, especially for it being straight out of OG CtC

Jfc this show is good. Second set is a monster. The Nemo segment is really good. Liked the Attachments too

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, to discuss its accuracy, or to make your own guide, check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

I feel like every jammed Nemo in the last 2 years has been an A+ for me, definitely going in my best of playlist.

Nemo jam is sublime, just brilliant.

Woah, best Cut the Cable ever? This is absurdly weird and good.

2 Likes

It sure is. I LOVE this CtC jam. Really all the improv here is super solid. And Kimble as the “breather” song? Yes please!

The Hangover > Bridgeless transition was super smooth in its build up and felt like a great way to end the show. As others have mentioned the second set was incredible and rivals brooklyn bowl set two for favorite set of 2020 so far. Bayliss’ ass comments were entertaining too (not sure if that’s the right word).