2019 UM Thread

Not sure, but it ended up being his last show. Just super weird flow with too many covers. It was sold out but I claimed a free ticket I had won, so at least I didn’t pay to go.

Heard they were playing inspired due to Mirro’s death. Thought it was a pretty solid month upon listen but not really sure if it’s generally seen as one of their best

Probably not as good as Fall 14, but 2014 definitely doesnt get enough credit around here. Very inspired improv.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I should feel sorry for this statement, or if I should be jealous. That is an honest thought from my perspective, as I’m both very happy to have seen the early shows I did, and to have seen this band grow from their early roots to what they are now…but, I also feel like it would be so nice to simply be able to take the band for what it currently is & not compare it to old fond memories, etc…

6 Likes

I’ll go through kicks where I’ll listen to ‘04 shows or fall ‘06 shows, but for the most part it just doesn’t sound as full to me as the post 2010 shows and leaves me kinda bored. Totally understand this is a personal problem but definitely prefer listening to highlights from 2010 onwards.

Also on full UM fluff mode for this weekend so my critical analysis is at an all time low

1 Like

bruh, start here and work backwards

4 Likes

Wha?

2 Likes

ya maybe I’m blocking it out, but my main complain about 2014 is the lack of inspired improv

4 Likes

I recall winter 14 not being that bad, but everything else was pretty meh

The best 2014 jams are some of my all time favorites. It’s more the quantity than the quality that’s the problem IMO.

Stuff like 2/7/14 MO, 2/1/14 Jajunk (maybe wrong date?), that one Phil’s Kabump from March, 12/30 Blue Echo are all awesome

:face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I fucking LOVE IT. Sci-fi shit is my favorite

Woof.

2 Likes

literally just a bunch of dumb shapes.

2 Likes

nope

Reminds me of a chess board a little bit.

1 Like

same, especially with those pawn looking pieces middle bottom.

1 Like

Bro this isn’t 2019 content

1 Like

Wrong thread, I was so eager to share the garbage that I clicked the wrong one. Shame me!

2 Likes

Outside of Portland, WC ‘14 was great.

The February run was also stellar