2019/12/27 - The Fillmore - Denver, CO

Everyone check your bank accounts if you used a card at the Fillmore last night. I had someone steal my card number and attempted to buy over $1000 in tickets on axs.com

Edit: my account on axs was hacked. Weird it happened on same night I was at a show

Well that was fun. Ninja was the highlight for me personally, but they did some slinky funk stuff towards the beginning of set , attachments, that was really cool and had a lot of potential.

Muff and full frontal were cool bustouts too. Who cover was hilarious, wish it had been Eminence front but all you can do with baba orielly is take it.

Man! Just based on song selection alone, that looks like a hell of a time. Really stoked to check this one out.

Thats a slammin way to start a NYE run!

Bustouts did the heavy lifting last night and more than made up for a lack of really good jams throughout. That was way too much classic rock for me for one show. Only covers/cover teases were ZZ Top, Ted nugent, Van Halen, and The Who lol.

And it goes without saying but goddamn Ninja is such a great tune.

I wouldn’t be complaining, especially since you guys will most likely be getting an all improv set this weekend. Which for some reason I think will be tonight during the 2nd set.

1 Like

Whats up? Is this like a known/rumored thing?

On Instagram Umphrey’s teased the possibility of an improv set, an UM Bowl style choose your own adventure set, and a bustout/rarity set. After last night’s bustouts seems it is all happening.

Was not aware! Very cool!

Winter wonderland stasik tease before August?

Show is phenomenal btw. Really dig the Puppet/SF segment

Good show. Finally caught a Search 4. Improv was lacking in set 2 but as mentioned above, song selection saved the show. Muff 2, Crooked and Ninja in particular is my kind of rarities. Would’ve taken something else over the Soul Foods though.

All I wanted was a Waste Down bustout…

Disagree completely, this show is pretty weak for me. Flamethrower > Attachments > Puppet offers an auspicious opening, but the rest doesn’t live up to that promise. SF2 is not my favorite, and even more painful when it takes the place of SF1 improv. Crooked > Ninja is a decent closer, though they sound pretty rusty on the Crooked jam.

The second set is really a head scratcher for me. It’s light on improv and has a weird disjointed flow. Don’t get me wrong, love to see Search 4 and Full Frontal pop up, but otherwise this set is just not interesting. Hurt Bird Bath with La Grange is gross. Muff 2 is a terrible song, and Unchained has to be one of the sloppiest attempts at a cover I have ever heard.

I think Muff 2 is a great song. Haven’t listened back so this one might be sloppy, but when they nail this song I think it’s great.

Tease in Bird Bath? Starting around 8:15; almost like “Riding the Storm Out.”

Have we ever talked about how Brendan’s riffage in “Muff II” sounds like Trey on “Horn”?

“Working Day and Night” tease in “Day Nurse.”

Listening Guide Below:

More information on this Listening Guide: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project