2019/03/29 - Ryman Auditorium - Nashville, TN

I: Maybe Someday, Red Tape, Educated Guess, It Doesn’t Matter, Plunger > Anchor Drops > Plunger

II: Miss Tinkle’s Overture, Resolution > Seasons, Women Wine & Song > The Triple Wide*, In the Kitchen

E: Roctopus

*with Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac) teases and jam

1 year bump for easily the best show I’ve had the pleasure of seeing live since 2016. Hope IDM is a shoo-in for Hall of Fame. Look forward to relistening today and I encourage all of you to do the same!

3 Likes

Definitely in my top 5 going back to 2006. First set is perfection for my tastes. Prog-rock and jazz UM song selection with the deep exploratory jams.

1 Like

this would be a good choice for tomorrow night. tourgigs recorded, right?

Birthday bump. Dank show. IDM Plunger Reso and WWS super dank.

Sultan sucked my finger at this show so I’m pretty heady

2 Likes

I can’t believe it’s been 2 years since this show. Such a simpler time in my life. Listening back to it is kinda depressing as it’s the first UM show I took my now ex-girlfriend to. Also hit Broadway hard after with a friend I hadn’t seen in 3 years.

This IDM is probably my favorite jam I’ve ever seen live (Knoxville ‘17 Higgins close runner up). The energy in the room was palpable (not to sound like KB). By far the most fun and memorable experience I’ve had at a show.

Even enjoyed the Roctopus encore.

2 Likes

@gatroe post it

Also

2 Likes

3 Likes

I needed that

Hahaha no way @cshore did it ruin the show at the time

Red Tape jam super underrated from this show. There is some of that first jam feeling things out uncertainy and there aren’t many more satisfying moments in a UM show than the build up and drop back into the Red Tape ending IMO.

2 Likes

Happy anny to my favorite Umphrey’s show I’ve attended. Energy in the room was palpable and a bright eyed and bushy tailed 21 year old vols was having the time of his life.

I still think the Red Tape is the second best jam of the show behind IDM

5 Likes

If I’m reading this correctly, I’m gonna wish @cshore a happy birthday. If I’m not reading it correctly, hope he has a happy birthday anyways.

2 Likes

all cshore birthday wishes should go here

https://the-bort.com/t/the-cshore-is-a-duck-thread/5649

I’m used to being wished happy birthday not on my birthday

1 Like