2019/03/09 - Showbox SoDo - Seattle, WA

03.09.2019 SHOWBOX SODO, SEATTLE, WA, USA

Set 1: Glory > Rocker Part 2, Sociable Jimmy > Conduit > Nothing Too Fancy[1] > Make It Right, Live and Let Die[2]

Set 2: Draconian, Seasons, JaJunk[3] > Booth Love[4], Intentions Clear > JaJunk

Encore: Lenny[5] > The Floor

[1] with Ain’t Talkin’ ‘bout Love (Van Halen) tease; unfinished
[2] with It’s About That Time (Miles Davis) jam
[3] with Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ (Michael Jackson) tease
[4] with Nate Werth on percussion, Vaughn Henry on keyboards, and Sylvester Onyejiaka on saxophone
[5] with Roundabout (Yes) tease in intro

Support : Ghost-Note

1 Like

Jajunk is a HOF candidate for me, the last few minutes of that is brilliant.

The IC is pretty good too if memory serves. I really enjoyed this second set…haven’t listened to the show in a while

Soty

This was a fun show to see! I ran into @wsumcgee and @sabretooth at the Showbox, as always! It was my first UM show since Seattle '16, so I was pretty stoked for this one. I had dinner pre-show a block up from the Showbox, and ran into Bayliss as I was leaving. He and I chatted for a quick minute - I didn’t want to bug him too much, so I simply thanked him for coming back to Seattle. He asked me my name, shook my hand and thanked me for coming to the show.

Anyways, I was at rail for most of the time. 1st set was pretty good, and I caught my 1st N2F. Pretty standard N2F with the Ain’t Talking About Love riff thrown in, but it was a track that I could cross off my list as far as what I was chasing. Overall, not a bad first set, but nothing that stood out.

During set break, I was bullshitting with this guy around my age who was standing behind me. Turns out that he’s been to a million Phish shows, but this was his first UM show. We were discussing what we thought the 2nd set would be like. I called a Draconian opener, and sure enough, they did, so me and that guy high-fived as soon as it started. 2nd set was just stellar. Seasons was probably the weak link of the 2nd set, but man, JaJunk > Booth, IC > JaJunk was right up my alley in terms of jamming and song selection! I’m normally not a fan of UM sit-ins by other artists, but they did a great job on Booth Love.

Fun time, great 2nd set, and it was good to see them for the first time in 3 years!

1 Like

Nice review. I was enjoying this show quite a bit a few months ago. I love this Jajunk jam.

i had a section of this show’s Lenny as an alarm on my phone for a few months