2012/10/18 - Water Street Music Hall - Rochester, NY

2012/10/18 - Water Street Music Hall - Rochester, NY

Set 1: Out Of Order, Blue Echo > Andy’s Last Beer, Spires, Night Nurse > Partyin’ Peeps

Set 2: Deeper > Eat, Bridgeless > #5 > Bridgeless, Runnin’ with the Devil, Miami Virtue[1] > Get In The Van

Encore: Soul Food I[2] > Booth Love

[1] with Thunderstruck (AC/DC) teases in the intro
[2] with Give Up the Funk (Parliament) intro jam, One Nation Under a Groove (Funkadelic) teases

10 year anniversary shout-out. Damn good show, look back on this with fond memories.

Top versions of Spires and Night Nurse

3 Likes

This Night Nurse is the tits

This whole show smokes. 2011-2013 we’re some great years for UM imo

4 Likes

Probably peak fanboi SJB

3 Likes

Funny thing is I don’t think either of these come close to the Blue Echo. One of the GOATs IMO. This show is so good!

Spires > NN > Blue Echo for me. The peak on that Spires is perfection.

I considered this to be their last “great” show when my fandom started to drop off hard after 2012. In hindsight there is a lot of good stuff from 2013, but i was too far gone to enjoy it at that point.

Love this show. Spires, FTW

Don’t think I’ve ever heard this show. I only saw two shows in 2012 as my friend’s overdose at the end of 2011 really did a number on my psyche at the time and the last place you could find me was at Umphrey’s. Will give it a spin tomorrow!

1 Like

Don’t remember where you posted it but thanks for the reminder. OoO > Blue Echo on paper is a dream show opening. And it stands up on recording.

1 Like

J2 in Blue Echo has always hit me in the best way! Uplifting and just locked in.

And to edit, I don’t think the NN is a slouch. It’s very good. I just think the Spires and Blue Echo are on another level. Even the first BE jam has awesome drums/perc and Jake killing it. Theme of both jams, but feel J2 the whole band locked in so much.

This set has to be up there with the greatest sets IMO. And certainly up there 2012 and on.

3 Likes

That 1st jam in Blecho had me going, Whole thing is a masterpiece. I almost forgot they were only in the 1st jam slot. Love when that happens… this NN gets me though, one of the best versions of the song to date, easy top 5 :metal:

1 Like

Anniversary bump. This whole first set is perfection.

3 Likes

One of the best Night Nurses evaar. I sustain

3 Likes