2011/01/27 - House of Blues - Boston, MA

I have a very vivid memory of tearing up during the Bayliss 2nd Self solo while on a hike in Yellowstone. Right when the wah kicks in :chefskiss:

3 Likes

Nope

God everything in this show is so damn good. IC and Reso middle jams are so atmospheric and locked in and the massive peak to end S1 just keeps going. Onto set 2…

3 Likes

Love the IC.

That monstrous Reso peak might be my favorite end to a set ever. It’s just so relentless.

1 Like

Came in here to wish my favorite show a happy 10th birthday. So fucking good.

3 Likes

This show sucks

Happy birthday to a show that’s so good it made me think about listening to Umphreys for the first time in 4 months but then continue not to

1 Like

I listened to a lot of it yesterday. I love how in IC they build that whole thing up, and then Stasik lays down a very different groove, they do that for like a minute, and then they’re like “nah fuck that, go back to the other thing” and it’s so seamless. The way that IC peaks-> GITV is so sick, it’s like you don’t even realize it happened til afterwards.

It’s so fire, and them going back to the dual harmonized fast licks for the 2nd time is fucking perfect.

Also that first Reso jam is up there with my favorite things they’ve ever done

2 Likes
4 Likes

Just went through this again. Every time a jam finishes, I think that’s the best jam of the show. Then what comes next is just as good. Did Jake use the Hot Hand at any other shows? Been awhile since I dove into 2011.

Who’s got me on some harp emojis?

2 Likes

:harps: :harps:

That emoji is now available at the very bottom of the -bort emoji list. Just noticed it the other day.

This guy is back also… :wook: :wook:

2 Likes

:harps: :harps: :harps: :harps: :harps:

1 Like

:harps:

2 Likes

:harps: :harps: :harps: :harps: :harps:

Any tune can improv

1 Like

Bday bump

Best show they’ve ever played

SIYD

2 Likes

This show is so good it made me listen to UM again for one day

2 Likes

That set ending Reso peak is so damn good. Just an absolutely massive way to end a set

3 Likes