2009/02/14 - The Barrymore Theatre - Madison, WI

2009/02/14 - The Barrymore Theatre - Madison, WI

Set 1: August[1], Professor Wormbog, Syncopated Strangers, Sociable Jimmy[2] > Sweetness, Spires, All Things Ninja[3]

Set 2: All In Time, Out Of Order > Gulf Stream, Mullet (Over), Search 4, Layla

Encore: Preamble > Mantis

[1] with Nothing Too Fancy tease
[2] with Xxplosive (Dr. Dre) jam
[3] with America the Beautiful (Katharine Lee Bates and Samuel Ward) bass jam along with Solfeggietto (C.P.E. Bach) jam

Bump. 1st set and AIT are really great

1 Like

1 Like

Top-10 attended show for me.

AIT, Ninja, August, and Synco are all elite versions.

2 Likes

The Synco groove is so good. “Best Ninja ever”

3 Likes

This was only my 3rd show I think and this was the first run of shows I went too. God I miss being young and dumb again. Still dumb but that’s besides the point. This run was a blast.

2 Likes

I miss seeing Search 4 in setlists…

6 Likes

Pretty sure my buddy and I slept in his car one of the nights of this run. And the last night I drove back to Detroit after the show and worked an eight hour day without Adderall. I was quite the addict for shows during that time period. As long as I could swing a ticket lodging was optional lol.

My first four night run. Lied about staying at a friends house that Thursday to “work on a AP history paper”

3 Likes

Also my brother got a weed ticket for smoking weed in his car in between sets. Had like 8 people crammed in his Volvo lolz. They wanted to give him a DWI cause his car was on for heat and jams. He went to court to fight it and the cop wrote the ticket wrong or something

4 Likes

My buddy and I got an MIP after slamming beers at his car during set break the second night. The cop wanted to book us since we were from Michigan but we pleaded with her to write the ticket and let us return to the show. Pretty sure I missed half of the Blue Echo that opened the second set. I was turning 21 two weeks later too lol.

2 Likes

The bands, too.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ll do one again. I did Madison and Brooklyn but missed the five night stand in Atlanta. I’d love four nights in Portland. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s cool

1 Like