2020/10/9 - UMBOWL @ The Capitol Theater - Port Chester, NY

Underplayed tune

Watched both nights and that was the best they played all year so far. Please for the love of god let this carry through the rest of the year. I’m sick of hating them.

1 Like

i would rather the band continue to be bad because it’s way more fun for me but i’m truly stoked that they crushed and there was bort fam in attendance.

2 Likes

Dont worry, it was UMBowl. Once they get back to regular shows it will be all “no jams” and ahot glasses.

4 Likes

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

Nugs doesn’t separately track “Jane Fonda Workout” so I had to guess.

There’s minor things in the StewArt sections that I didn’t notate because it didn’t seem necessary. These are things like the “Let’s get physical” stuff in Jane Fonda, the Rage in Reggae Against, and the banter in Compliments Joel. The songs seem like standalone things that would obviously incorporate those elements, and thus aren’t really subject to the same rules as everything else when it comes to notating cover teases or whatever. If people disagree with this let me know.

4 Likes

I Can’t Go for That was awesome. It reminds me of when Umphrey’s can nail a cover and jam it out, they are the best in the biz at it. Goose can go back to recess

1 Like

That and Rosanna might be my favorite jams after a preliminary relisten of half the sets

1 Like

Just tossed on the I Cant Go For That. Give me UM grooves like that all day.

Might be my favorite jam from the whole weekend. I love that style of um where they just lock right in and really play off each other without anybody taking total charge

1 Like

This I Can’t Go For That is the most excited I’ve been about a Jake solo in a long time. THAT is how you do it without stepping on the groove. Later in the song it gets a bit busier, but by that point we’re 5 minutes deep into the jam so it’s fine. Give me more of these jams and less chug, please.

4 Likes

Been out of touch for a bit. Was there no prior stews set this year?

No raw stewage this year

I think he was asking if there were any S2’s yet this year and that answer is also no

No he was asking about raw stewage. Go make yourself a cup of coffee.

4 Likes

Hahahaha

Fuck you, Matt. When’s the next show we’ll both be at so I know when to avoid you. Cheese and crackers

I misread it, “prior stews”= Raw Stewage bc they are comprised of prior stews… clever. Carry on

2 Likes

cheese and crackers go really well together.

explain yourself

2 Likes

JFC kid

Lol. Same amount of syllables so it’s a substitute for “JFC”