Worst Encores You've Seen

Maybe an unpopular opinion but was not a fan of Walk 6/30/18 Asbury Park.

Was not trying to be part of a Jersey trash mosh pit. Things actually got very rowdy

Last year’s Utica encore was just Thunderstruck. Fuckin Thunderstruck.

Worst encore ever.

6 Likes

Well they played Night Moves for the 100000th time for the encore in Detroit earlier this year. Luckily I was too drunk to remember.

Worst song ever. Worst band ever.

2 Likes

ouch

I would rage this

5 Likes

8/9/14 Puppet > Glory > Puppet was pretty terrible. If I hadn’t been taping I woulda left early

I knew you’d deliver this one for me

1 Like

1/30/16 Kzoo

Puppet String, Hollywood Nights

Worst way to end a Redman run.

If anyone has any videos of this mosh pit, please lmk. My buddy went in there and it was hilarious. I took a Snapchat instead of a real video and it’s been a big regret of mine

2 Likes

Hollywood nights, because fuck that song.

3 Likes

There’s always something strange with the Utica shows. 2014 almost got cancelled cause of a raging storm but it calmed down enough for them to play one set. If I recall the planned set list was fantasy set list material.

I took my old man (boomer aged) to Utica 2016 and to this day he still talks about how he didn’t really care for the band but they did a great version of Hollywood Nights. True story.

2 Likes

I just realized the right answer; all of them.

1 Like

Ever seen a show with no encore?

Billy Strings didn’t play an encore both nights of the drive in run. Ripped it right up until the absolute last second before the strict curfew. It was much better that way plus you could tell he was too into the jamz to do the bullshit encore dance.

Yeah. Usually don’t mind, particularly if I know ahead of time. I can probably count on one hand the number of shows where I felt like the band was actually called back for an encore, rather than an assumed encore where everybody goes and takes a piss

1 Like

Yeah everyone usually just stands there with their arms crossed waiting for the band to come back. The encore is such a lame cliche at this point.

1 Like

I meant an UM show. Should’ve said that

Yeah really only one I can think I was at was Minneapolis Umphrey’s, I think it was when prince died? They came on for a 2nd encore, because the crowd was so insane and wouldn’t leave the venue.

1 Like

I especially hate when bands do more than one encore break, just seems like a total waste of everyones time. either play or don’t

1 Like