What Shows Are You Seeing

is it scott/paul/carl and drew?

that seems like the lineup from last night, but unsure if that’ll be tonight, too

hope for your sake it is, dream lineup right there. let me know how it is if you don’t mind, very stoked for you.

I was at the tour opener in Minneapolis. Paul F is just the best.

2 Likes

q4t

two months ago, i attended one of pft&marc evan jackson’s Mr. Jackson and Mr. Tompkins: A Two Gentleman Improv Show performances in town. t’was a treat

2 Likes

I was hoping that Werner Herzog would make an appearance but I was pleased with who showed up. I’m not a huge improv guy but a buddy had an extra ticket and had a blast.

2 Likes

So I’ve got…

September:
CATS - Austin
Kikagaku Moyo - Dallas

October:
Goose - Dallas
KGLW - Austin

November:
Spafford - Austin
Tauk w/kanika - Austin

December:
Punch Bro and Bela Fleck - Austin
UM NYE

2 Likes

umphreys must be your A#1 then

3 Likes

damn! ego was there too!!

Holy Fuck tonight. Fucking stoked.

Goose tomorrow. Still haven’t heard a lick of their music. All I know is what I’ve read on -bort.

3 Likes

I saw Holy Fuck open for Hot Chip in 2019 and it was a sick show. Bummed to not catch them but I think you’ll really enjoy it.

I’m kind of playing a game to see how long I can go without listening to Goose.

1 Like

That’s what I was doing wrt Goose. But they are playing outdoors so close to my house that I figured I might as well walk over.

They sat behind you in Spanish

2 Likes

It’s going well so far. Have been doing the same with Twiddle, though in 2015 I did have to find out why the Jamflowman don’t give a damn, for about 20 seconds.

I also don’t know if I’ve heard Papadosio or PPPP - I think when I streamed maybe 2010 Bisco Inferno one of them opened and it was included in the stream but I turned it off pretty quickly because it offended me so much.

3 Likes

Some Papadosio is pretty solid (imo) since they gear more towards electronics than white dude funk like PPPP

1 Like

I’ve seen Twiddle 3 times at the WerkOut because one of my friends and his lady were pretty into them so we’d all go down and check them out. It was never bad as I expected.

We strolled down to PPPP once and were back at our campsite 15 mins later. We heard them play the exact same set the next day from our campsite. Pros/cons of small fest camping close to the stage.

I think they fall into the “bands that jam” category. Their compilations on spotify are very nice. But when I listened to whole shows the sameness and lack of improv become more apparent. I’d be happy to see them once or twice a year in my own town or at a festival. Loved the set at Resonate Suwannee this year. I don’t think they deserve the derision they get.

2 Likes

probably never used this word in my life. hope I did it right, editor daddy.

4 Likes

by pouring their derision
upon anything we did
and exposing every weakness
however carefully hidden by the kids
but in the town it was well known
when they got home at night, their fat and
psycopathic wives would thrash them
within inches of their lives

one of my all time favorite verses. no idea what derision means though