What Shows Are You Seeing

Pat Metheny was really good, though unfortunately we didn’t have much of a view without watching on the screens due to the layout of the space. We were in a side room separated from the main area by a wall with some open squares and a bar. I haven’t listened to the album he’s touring in support of, but it was a trio with keys (who played a lot of bass parts) and drums. He also had what I guess is like a scaled down orchestrion. I really gained an appreciation for the uniqueness of his playing.

2 Likes

He’s amazing. Imaginary Day is probably my favorite.

Goddamn NIN was so fun last night. We had a spectacular view of the storm pounding Denver but we didn’t get anything except some wind. The sky was full of lightening and you could see a curtain of rain over Denver.

NIN is always a cathartic experience for me and I’m now a big ol Yves Tumor fan. They killed.

Great hanging with @DiabetesCOLE and @dtbar1 and your crews. Cheers y’all, let’s do that again sometime.

9 Likes

I had such an amazing time last night. The music was incredible, and nature’s light show to go with it was perfect.

It was really awesome meeting you guys, def down to do it again sometime. I hope you guys have fun at Phish tonight, it looks like they played a pretty great show last night after the storm passed, so hopefully they can carry that energy through.

I’m ready for NIN round two tonight!

3 Likes

yves tumor is insane

3 Likes

Dude last nights setlist looked so amazing. I had a blast at Friday nin, but if I had to choose by setlist it woulda been Saturday

2 Likes

I’ve heard unanimously glowing reviews for Yves Tumor. Unfamiliar but sounds like I gotta show up early enough to catch him.

2 Likes

It really was amazing man. Last night was such a cool experience being up front and actually being able to see all of the energy that Trent displays on stage. That dude is an absolute rock god. What an amazing weekend of music.

How was Phish?

1 Like

Would kill to see sunspots

1 Like

Did anyone see Bill Frisell this weekend in Chicago? Would have been all over that

1 Like

it was as expected, extremely tight.

3 Likes

My man

Phish was a fun juxtaposition of energy. Pulling in, finding that all the handicap spots were filled with tents of people slanging ice cold fatties, and then just shakedown was a little too much for my mushroom brain, but once we got in and found a spot it was great

1 Like

I feel like Shakedown was wilder than usual this year.

1 Like

Just all the constant ballon pops made my psychedelic brain think of gun shots, and I was just stressed from trying to find parking. It was too much stimuli for sure

Bill Burr announced a surprise show at the Punch Line tonight. Doesn’t even hold 200 people. Lucky enough to get a ticket. Pretty stoked on the surprised evening plans!

5 Likes

david cross announced a couple here at the hideout, love when they do that.

3 Likes

Bill Burr was fantastic. Dude almost did two hours and it was all new stuff (with one reused joke from a Conan interview). I was expecting at least a couple repeats from the new special but he only had one callback to carry on with a new chapter of the joke.

And damn I know this is a the worst of worst first world problems but I’m missing a crazy amount of shows in October because I’ll be out of town on vacation. Elton John, Marcus King, King Gizzard, Trey, Black Keys, Mildlife, Billy Strings, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Fest. It’s ridiculous all that is going on in a two week period.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Oteil & Friends tonight. Pretty pumped for this one. Anyone see the show last night?

4 Likes