What Shows Are You Seeing

I feel like Shakedown was wilder than usual this year.

1 Like

Just all the constant ballon pops made my psychedelic brain think of gun shots, and I was just stressed from trying to find parking. It was too much stimuli for sure

Bill Burr announced a surprise show at the Punch Line tonight. Doesn’t even hold 200 people. Lucky enough to get a ticket. Pretty stoked on the surprised evening plans!

5 Likes

david cross announced a couple here at the hideout, love when they do that.

3 Likes

Bill Burr was fantastic. Dude almost did two hours and it was all new stuff (with one reused joke from a Conan interview). I was expecting at least a couple repeats from the new special but he only had one callback to carry on with a new chapter of the joke.

And damn I know this is a the worst of worst first world problems but I’m missing a crazy amount of shows in October because I’ll be out of town on vacation. Elton John, Marcus King, King Gizzard, Trey, Black Keys, Mildlife, Billy Strings, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Fest. It’s ridiculous all that is going on in a two week period.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Oteil & Friends tonight. Pretty pumped for this one. Anyone see the show last night?

4 Likes

Seeing them on Sunday. Really excited to watch Otiel and Kimock play together.

1 Like

Ugh I really wanted to go to that. Stupid weddings

1 Like

My friend how did you go to so many shows? Are you an entrepreneur? Own your own business?

No, i manage a team of Social Workers for Centene Corporation. I work remote. I know lots of people, etc. I have barely done anything (for me) this year. Outside of a couple Phish runs, Sweetwater, and TN DUMB, I have only hit stuff in STL. We just luckily have a really great and cheap scene.

As far as Otiel, he is apart of Music at the Intersection which is right down the street from me and I am working at it tomorrow morning, so i am going for free.

Lol. GITV

6 Likes

I’m seeing squeaky feet at some sketch free outdoor festival in the middle of nowhere today.

7 Likes

gonna be great!

Summary

or terrible, idk, hard to tell with these jank ass festivals

3 Likes

It seems to be a secret club or something. On their FB group they posted a map but asked people to not share it, but rather have people DM them directly.

1 Like

yeah, I saw that. Great way to get attendance

2 Likes

The Aristocrats tonight and NIN on Sunday. Good weekend of music!

2 Likes

That was a ton of fun!! If I didn’t have obligations made prior to seeing that show tonight, I’d seriously be considering heading to Chi tomorrow & maybe even St Louis on Sun. Super well played show, not surprising at all. Shakedown 1st set closer was just so nasty. The Deal, Blue Sky > Franklin’s (w/Stir It Up jam) was a ridiculous stretch in set 2 as well. Every single song was played so well. As with any GD type show, there were some iffy spots in the vocals or a small part of a song structure moment, but the meat of the show was so f’n dialed in. That was seriously some great, great stuff. Go see this lineup if you can. Again, I’d seriously love to catch the next night or two, if I wasn’t already locked in for a family reunion & my mom’s bday on the other side of WI. Really wish I could just call an audible on the rest of this weekend…haha. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Looking for intel on Chicago’s Auditorium Theater. How is sound at the very top of the venue? Is it that much worse than 1st balcony? Looking at PT tickets and trying not to spend too much if I don’t have to.

1 Like

I saw David Gilmore there and had decent sound up there. But it’s also super easy to stand on the first floor behind seat section

1 Like