Venues Umphrey's Will Never Play Again

Nope, brick.

1 Like

Yes, I have a pic of the bricks on my phone…

5 Likes

You’re the hero we deserve

2 Likes

At the UM shows on 11/20 and 11/21/09 my ex-“wife” was very very high and became very anxious at the sight of those bricks while we stood in line. She said “those bricks are overwhelming”.

So the next time I was there I took that pic and it was an inside joke between us (and now you!)

7 Likes

I’ve only been to the 9:30 Club twice back in 2008. It was the end of eight shows in ten days and I bought a gram of some West Coast Mahldawg from a 'Phreak I knew at the time to cap off a wild trip that was supposed to just be Urbana>Milwaukee>Nashville. During the first set, I was pinky dipping like it was going out of style and not using any levels of discretion so I got spotted real quick by security. Luckily it was nuts to butts and I was able to ditch the bag and sneak out of the crowd to head to the balcony to craft a disguise. At the end of the show, a friend asks how much powder was left in the baggie to which I informed him that there was over half a gram left. We walk over to the area I was when I dropped it and lo and behold we find the merch on the ground. We head over to the late night (Ott) at some club called Heaven or Hell where my 20 year old rolling self struggled to procure two 20s from my pants to pay off the door guy for letting me in underage. Ott threw down a killer set and I flew back to Michigan that next afternoon. Good times in the Nation’s Capital!

Sick second set that second night btw…

Set 2: JaJunk > The Bottom Half > JaJunk > The Bottom Half, Resolution[1] > Smell the Mitten > Much Obliged[2]-> Syncopated Strangers

Might have to turn this shit on right now and rock and roll down memory lane!..m/

4 Likes

I went to every single 9:30 show, including the S2. Fun times were had, it’s where I learned to love this band.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine 930 is going anywhere. It’s already moved once and is a staple of the city

2 Likes

This is the part that leads me to think it can move again. Plus I.M.P. is more focused on Merriweather and The Anthem.

idk if I’d say they’re more focussed on those rooms. 930 is their one venue in that cap range and having a classic room like that in a developing neighborhood fits the model pretty well (see anthem)

2 Likes

They moved the whole ass venue? Damn

just used to be a much smaller room in a different location. Closed that one and opened the current one under the same name

1 Like

speaking of 9:30 club - 12/11/2004 was an amazing show. my friend fell asleep the second we got in the car to drive back to philly and i was a little irritated by that as i was relying on some help staying awake myself

2 Likes

lol duh, I’m an idiot

3 Likes

One brick at a time

4 Likes

Original 9:30 was located at 930 F St., thus the name. The bar in the basement is from the original location.

All in it’s just a

Another brick in the 9:30 club waaaall

The Harpa after the Biscuits fans ruin any chance of a return for American jambands!

5 Likes

For some reason I feel like bisco fans could be more respectful than um fans

2 Likes

avatars-000120337254-9ykzij-t500x500
Ef þú sérð einhvern með þetta lógó, nei ekki leigja honum herbergi.

1 Like

I’m just using the Auditorium Theater as a reference. Three shows in 2008, then Biscuits Halloween in 2009 with Gumby running on stage…no shows since.

1 Like