Venues Umphrey's Will Never Play Again

Traverse City Opera House…one and done…

2 Likes

Mystic Theater in Petaluma. What an awesome little theater to see them in.

2 Likes

Richards on Richards in Vancouver BC. RIP

4 Likes

I haven’t been since they opened to outdoor venue but the inside is nothing special, it’s just a really cool and intimate room to see Phil and the musicians he brings through town. Hopefully it’s not gone for good

I kind of agree. I think it’s more about the overall experience. The restaurant is fantastic, there are always dope ass bands playing in the bar area (and more music during set break!), the vibe out on the marina, plus my commute there is always the ferry which is a beautiful ride. The venue is “nice” in the sense that it’s intimate and has great sound, but it’s kind of an awkward setup with the bathroom and bar situation.

But they also brought in some special one-off shows due to the reputation of the place and I’ll miss that.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t mean that as a slight in anyway, just that the indoor concert venue is nothing mind blowing, but a great space for some great shows. The restaurant was amazing, great food and cocktails and Phil was always around to say hello. One of my all time favorite live moments from the dead was seeing Phil play Unbroken Chain in the restaurant with Neal Casal and others in front of about 10-15 other people. A moment I’ll cherish for the rest of my life.

Ravinia

1 Like

Oh they’re not done with Ravinia. Considering most of the artists that play there are in their 70’s we should see them pop up on the calendar every summer in the 2050’s.

6 Likes

Are you just saying that because they haven’t been there since 2016 or do you know something else? I’m curious, have really missed them playing at HG

I wish we could add the Aragon and riviera to this list but they will play those dumps until the end of time

2 Likes

I don’t think Ravinia management was very found of the crowd that UM brought. Basically they weren’t expecting that much of a party. Things could change but iirc they were not offered another contract.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/dozens-of-citations-issued-at-umphreys-mcgee-ravinia-concert/64979/%3Famp

I was mostly joking but didn’t they play there twice?

1 Like

Going to see Billy Saturday at the Aragon, not stoked.

Last night I was thinking about how the last time I saw Billy indoors was at the Bottom Lounge in Jan 2019.

1 Like

Yes, 2014 & 2015

CBGB

1 Like

Capitol Center Concord, NH

1 Like

Skyline Stage - Navy Pier

1 Like

Yeah these were always a blast

I’m not even going to that show and the Aragon gave me an awful experience. Tried selling my ticket on CoT and the venue won’t let me transfer the ticket, I couldn’t even give it away for free at this point. It forced me to “request a refund” and im willing to bet that refund never comes through.

My first show was the last time they played there.