umBOWL IX

If you haven’t done it before then I’d say yeah

This was pretty fun last year

2 Likes

Kind of surprised by the hype, given the typical hate. I’ve enjoyed the two I’ve been to but not blown away. That being said,

1 Like

Just don’t be disappointed at what the other fans vote for, because inevitably it will be something like Glory over a songs that the band almost never plays.

2 Likes

I’m planning on making these happen.

2 Likes

My gf and I are in. Her first UMBowl

4 Likes

Remember when @thefussyasianman had us all write him essays on why we deserve @partyinsam’s UMBowl ticket in 2010? Pretty sure @jachapman 's essay was the winning submission. I’ve only hit one UMBowl…the second one in Vegas in 2016. Good times. I’m sure I’ll have a good time in Chicago too, but Vegas seemed like the perfect location for this.

9 Likes

Why do we need to keep bringing this up? So fucking cringeworthy.

In my defense, it felt more fair than first dibs. But it’s a very meager defense.

9 Likes

Thinking about this makes my skin crawl. Barf.

2 Likes

Man, I had completely forgotten about that. What a weekend that was! Almost got arrested for jumping a fence into the Sewanee show the night before, partied in a trailer with Gable, hopped in a car headed up to Chicago, and made it with like an hour to spare.

4 Likes

This is the Bort

8 Likes

Also definitely in for this. Talked to the “wife” and she’s staying home so it’s a boys weekend!

9 Likes

I love you man but I can’t help but bring it up again from time to time. This will be the last until they announce Vegas 2023…

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m undefeated in creative writing assignments.

7 Likes

Speaking of cringeworthy, I sent Vince and Kevin this email less than a year ago brah…

Summary

Hey y’all!

Since first seeing the band at the ripe age of 18 in 2006, I have been able to catch three birthday shows - Des Moines in 2008, Philadelphia in 2010, and Eugene in 2020. Next year my birthday falls on a Sunday which happens to be the weekend of the Asheville run. I was planning on hitting these dates and I was curious if the band would be open to the possibility of reincarnating Bill Graham for a Day?

While my name is on the poster from the first event, I wasn’t able to attend because of some last minute life happenings. I was one of the first people to send Nickmo funds for the original event in August 2011 and I was able to be on the sidelines of seeing that show come to fruition through the emails chains, the raising of $25,000, and the UMBowl announcement which put it over the top and brought in the rest of the money for the event.

My question to y’all is this: would the band be down to play another night in Asheville for X amount of money and if so, what is X? I would love to spearhead arranging another private show for the band if they were on board with the idea. While the timeline is condensed, I believe the blueprint is there to make this happen.

Please let me know if we can move this conversation along further. I’ll be at the shows regardless but I’d love to fly in from the PacNW for three nights instead of two. Many of us are well into our 30s now and we’d love to make this happen again.

Thanks for your time!

OSUmBeaverPhreak aka fadedvet aka WhatsYourShowCount aka MSUmphreak

7 Likes

I didn’t even make Asheville this year cause I suck at seeing shows in my 30s.

5 Likes

All good my man. Hope to see you in ChicagoOoOoOoOo!

2 Likes

Oh my god :joy:

Got two FF drafts with ole BG over the next week. He better have his dukes up.

2 Likes

I might try to make Saturday happen

3 Likes

I’m honestly kinda tempted, but I generally hate going to shows in Chicago, so idk

7 Likes