Today in Umphrey's McGee History

Congratulations

2 Likes

And thanks for putting up with our nonsense.

5 Likes

Thank you!

CC @PattyMelt @ass

1 Like

09.13.2003 THE BARRYMORE THEATRE, MADISON, WI, USA

Set 1: In The Kitchen > Get In The Van, Thin Air, Dump City[1], 2x2, JaJunk[2] > Andy’s Last Beer

Set 2: Paradise City[3] > Slacker[4] > Miss Tinkle’s Overture[5] > Mulche’s Odyssey, #5 > 2nd Self, The Crooked One > Out Of Order -> Visions[6] > Mullet (Over)

Encore: Pearl Necklace[7] > Rhiannon[8] > 40’s Theme

[1] with Refugee (Tom Petty) tease
[2] with Thunderstruck (AC/DC) jam
[3] debut, Guns N’ Roses; two verses and chorus
[4] unfinished
[5] with Underworld (Super Mario Brothers) theme (Koji Kondo), Nachos for Two, and (Don’t Fear) The Reaper (Blue Öyster Cult) teases
[6] the lights went out for about three minutes
[7] debut, ZZ Top; one verse and chorus; with Wesley Willis quote by Brendan
[8] debut, Fleetwood Mac; one verse and chorus

Notes:
with Nachos for Two tease before JaJunk

Really great show. I miss seeing shows at the Barrymore.

09.13.2007 THE ORPHEUM THEATRE, MADISON, WI, USA

Set 1: Much Obliged > Utopian Fir[1] -> Mulche’s Odyssey, Alex’s House > End of the Road, Example 1

Set 2: In a Silent Way > Blue Echo > Walletsworth[2] > Blue Echo, I Want You (She’s So Heavy), Partyin’ Peeps > #5 -> Partyin’ Peeps, Smell the Mitten

Encore: All In Time > Mercy, Mercy, Mercy[3] > All In Time

[1] with Spirits In the Material World (The Police) teases
[2] “Jimmy Stewart” with lyrics
[3] debut, Joe Zawinul

Notes:
Mercy, Mercy, Mercy was played in remembrance of Joe Zawinul
last In a Silent Way 09.11.2005 (259 shows)

My 100th show & an amazing way to kick off a really great 3 night run. This was overall the best of the 3 shows, IMO, but the Canopy Club the next night had some serious next level moments.

NEVER FORGET

2008/09/13 - Mulberry Mountain - Ozark, AR

Set 1: Slacker, Der Bluten Kat[1] > Atmosfarag > Der Bluten Kat[2], Mullet (Over)

Set 2: Front Porch[3] > Resolution[4] > Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)[5], Young Lust, Nothing Too Fancy > FF > Higgins

Encore: August > Nothing Too Fancy[6] > The Song Remains the Same[7]

[1] “Jimmy Stewart” with lyrics
[2] with Willie the Pimp (Frank Zappa) jam and Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin) and Xxplosive (Dr. Dre) teases
[3] with Jake on drums and Kris on vocals for a portion
[4] with Norwegian Wood (The Beatles) jam; with Bill McKay on keys
[5] debut, Sly and the Family Stone; with Bill McKay on keys
[6] with The Triple Wide tease
[7] with The Rain Song (Led Zeppelin) ending

Lol at that Pearl Necklace with Cut the Mullet lyrics.

2 Likes

They talkin about cum

09.14.2007 THE CANOPY CLUB, URBANA, IL, USA

Set 1: Eat, 2nd Self, Kat’s Tune > Ringo > Bright Lights, Big City[1] > Ringo[2], 2x2

Set 2: Abacab, Wizard Burial Ground, Nemo[3], Robot World > 40’s Theme, Hajimemashite

Encore: Bridgeless

[1] with Brian Felix on keys
[2] with Brian Felix on keys; with Baba O’Riley (The Who) and Bright Lights, Big City teases
[3] “Jimmy Stewart” with lyrics

This Kat’s> Ringo> BLBC> Ringo & Nemo are seriously amazing segments. The darkness of the majority of set 2, with that Nemo jam in the middle, was quite the head fuck. Abacab to start the set off was so perfect.

Accidentally went a little deeper than I had expected that night, but it was perfect.

Really great show that night!

1 Like

Some pretty great shows on this day

09.14.2011 CAPITOL CENTER FOR THE ARTS, CONCORD, NH, USA

Set 1: Ringo > Deeper > Padgett’s Profile, 2x2 -> Liquid -> 2x2, Kabump[1] > Dim Sun[2] > Night Moves[1] > Ringo[1]

Set 2: Out Of Order > Visions > Q*Bert[3] > Plunger, The Triple Wide[4], 13 Days, Search 4, The Linear > All Night Long

Encore: Higgins

[1] with Brendan and Jake on acoustics
[2] debut, original; with Brendan and Jake on acoustics
[3] with I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do) (Hall & Oates) jam
[4] with (Don’t Fear) The Reaper (Blue Öyster Cult) mash-up

09.14.2012 RED ROCKS AMPHITHEATRE, MORRISON, CO, USA

Set 1: There’s No Crying In Mexico > All In Time[1], Puppet String -> 2x2, Miami Virtue -> The Linear > Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, The Floor

Set 2: Ocean Billy, Nothing Too Fancy > Mulche’s Odyssey, End of the Road, Conduit[2] > Nothing Too Fancy, Plunger > Puppet String

Encore: Kashmir[3]

2nd Encore: JaJunk

[1] “Jimmy Stewart” with lyrics
[2] with Bridgeless jam
[3] with Railroad Earth

3 Likes

Yeah this show was fire! 13 years ya gotta be kidding me. Second set is just ridiculous

Was at both of these. Find the Concord show just OK but the RRX is awesome

15 year anniversary of joel and magner destroying keytars in philly

1 Like

Nineteenth anniversary of this fun show:

09.21.2001 PITTSBURGH DELI COMPANY, PITTSBURGH, PA, USA

Set 1: The Fuzz, 2x2, Tribute to the Spinal Shaft > Divisions, Make Me, Hey Nineteen, Roulette, Get In The Van

Set 2: Nothing Too Fancy > 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, Soul Food II[1] > Space Funk Booty[2] > Pick Your Nose[3] > Bob’s Cloud > Dirty Love, “Jimmy Stewart” > 40’s Theme, I Want You Back, Q*Bert > It’s About That Time

[1] ended with Bob jam
[2] ending only
[3] first verse only

Notes:
last Pick Your Nose 05.12.1999 (252 shows)

Great “N2F” to open the second set.

1 Like

Might have to spin this one…thanks brother.

Sure thing. I changed a few things on ATU with the setlist. But the second set is kind of must-hear. Just so fun and fluid.

That was such a small room; the first of the infamous Pittsburgh load-in and load-outs that they hated so much. The Deli Co., The Renaissance Hotel, Mr. Small’s Funhouse. All difficult access-wise.

I have yet to catch them in Pittsburgh but I do recall hearing about Mr. Small’s being a bitch to load in/out. Funny to see it was a recurring issue prior to Stage AE.

There was a nasty storm coming in after the 12.13.2003 show and load-out was on this hill adjacent to the venue. Just remember this rush to get going, coupled with a “wintry mix.”

2 Likes

Holy shit. You can interact with Google maps within dasBort? Huge.

8 Likes