The Perpetual Groove Thread

Saw them Sat night.

Tried to get Rick to Bortphone the setlist, but he “has a family” and “didn’t want to.”

Anyway, I don’t think they ever played TSM, but I left before it ended.

Not TSM > Not TSM to open was a bold choice. Brock looks like a human again, and I’ll be honest I had a fun time. Would see again.

3 Likes

Just made this post last week brah. The last time I saw Perpetual Groove they covered LCD Soundsystem and the Talking Heads. Good times.

A+ thread

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing them I’m Baltimore in a couple weeks. It’s been over a decade since I’ve last seen them.

1 Like

Man I haven’t seen them since 2010 at a p groove>steez>cornmeal>30db show

1 Like

I miss cornmeal

5 Likes

Same. They still play shows but it was different back in the day when Allie was still in the band.

2 Likes

I saw them one time back in like 08 or 09, that was enough. Beyond boring, just not my thing. I remember reading leading up to it, all the hype about the innovative light show designed by Brock, turns out it was a big light behind each member of the band.

Caught their Halloween show last year. They definitely had some down years but I actually like some of their songwriting and it seems like they’ve been playing better as of late

One of the times of my life was doing the UM West Coast tour in 2010. I hopped on in SF and didn’t hop off until Minneapolis two months later but the WC stretch had Cornmeal open 5/6 shows (they didn’t open the Aspen show that year.) Those were some really good Cornmeal sets - love the psychedelic bluegrass.

2 Likes

I was sleeping off my COVID booster. Glad to hear they still play lots of triplets in their jams.

lol, forgot they existed. folks on here chatted them up a bunch

1 Like

Their 4am start time set at Wakarusa '06 was a ton of fun. That was my only B-Butt experience.

Felt like the only time i heard about them after that was in some sort of sarcastic PT thread or people talking about Brock looking like death. Forgot they were a band.

They’re still around & active, but they play far less shows these days. Just saw them a few times over the past couple months. Annual Steez On A Boat event in July, then they played the 1840 Anniversary party & they also played Jazz In The Park in MKE last week. They’re playing tomorrow night in Madison, then West Bend on 10-8 for a beer release that they collaborate with 1840 Brewing, then also have a show in MKE at the Cooperage on 12-9 or 10 believe…

1 Like

How could you forget the goat jamband album?

1 Like

I used to see a bunch of PGroove. Long, luscious beautiful jams. Was definitely my thing back in the day. PGroove and Dosio are probably the reason I didnt finish college

1 Like

don’t forget, you’re gonna come fam out at the Worcester show with @Atmosforman and I

Yeah I actually just saw Steez downtown in Milwaukee last week that was a blast. Also saw P Groove this summer in Chicago thought that show was awesome and one of the better shows I’ve seen them play.

1 Like

same

3 Likes