The Doniac Schvice

It will be interesting to see how U2 produces those shows and how that translates to non-“residency” shows. Not every band is going to have the budget or capability to produce original video content specific to their show for a screen of that size so it doesn’t really seem to fit most typical rock shows.

That paper towel dispenser had it coming

2 Likes

He was just fighting climate change

2 Likes

Soundcheck jam is fucking awesome. Super mellow.

1 Like

Think I’m gonna make my return to this in February. Had so much fun in 2019.

1 Like

Would love to pull this off. Those Cali spring shows are great.

It’s fallen around my birthday the last few times. I wouldn’t mind hitting this up at some point. It’s been almost six years since I’ve done a Holidaze why not aim for two or more destination events in 2024!

There’s some controversy over the U2 sale as they had to notify some ticket holders that their seats are severely obstructed view. If you look at this picture you can clearly see the very rear of the first level is under an overhang. It’s mind boggling that they would build this massive venue with a huge wraparound screen as the main attraction and then put a slice of premium seats under a fucking balcony.

2 Likes

Also read Phish and Dolan are finalizing a run there.

Yeah that’s a lock sometime in 2024.

That Phish run is going to be ridiculously high demand.

2 Likes

Looks like Phish is gonna drop another archive release this Friday!

10/29/94 is the show getting released!

https://twitter.com/LivePhish/status/1660768775657127942?s=20

3 Likes

Count me in as part of said demand :grin:

1 Like

Curious if they would do The Sphere over Halloween or NYE and make it the usual 4-night run, or if this would be more like a Bakers Dozen situation where they just set-up shop for a few weeks.

You would think the demand would be there for at least 6-8 shows. Maybe even more.

Either way, will definitely be there when it happens.

1 Like

I dont have a single guaranteed Phish run on the books yet for this year and that feels weird. Need to make something happen.

1 Like

I’m only moderately excited about Alpharetta. Phish sounds like a Goose ripoff.

4 Likes

I read somewhere that the sphere is requiring a residency style booking for bands, because of the high cost of video production for the venue. I suppose it makes sense - not financially worth it for either party, without sufficient volume

2 Likes

Yeah, I fully expect a dozen type run. This venue will bring in random people who are just curious about the experience.

1 Like

@WOLFpacker16 you going to Wilmington? Know of any extras? Looking for Tuesday