The Dear Hunter (Casey Crescenzo Thread)

I didn’t realize the entire EP had been released (a month ago)…lol

1 Like

Thought you weren’t as hot on this side project or else I would’ve mentioned it. Echos(tdh song) came on shuffle today, love that song so much.

1 Like

The eponymous track is quite good.

Link so @AlexTheDictator can shit on the EP

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kq7pxM61SZlBvCYrm2sdt5dlAW_n02E5c

Just when I think I’m out, you pull me back in.

1 Like

And?

Put on Migrant last night and have spun it a couple of times since. really digging this album.

1 Like

@AlexTheDictator

Do you like Muse? I’m finding them very similar. Just curious?

Matt Bellamy is one of my rock gods. I don’t really hear the similarities. Or I’m missing all the songs with operatic rock riffs.

I think the only band I’d say is similar sounding to Dear Hunter is Manchester Orchestra. I can see how on paper they’re similar to Muse (fat guitar parts, powerful vocals, theatrics and orchestration, use of falsetto) but in listening I’ve never drawn the connection.

I guess another band I like that’s slightly similar in songwriting (but that’s about it) is Butterfly Assassins

For me, I think the connection between The Dear Hunter and Muse is only indirect, such that both singers have strong Freddie Mercury vibes. Other than that I don’t see a lot of similarity other than both, at times, can be hard rock-ish.

Yes, it’s the vocals, definitely the vocals.

Weirdly I remembered that I have an “emo” group with a sound that’s occasionally similar to Dear Hunter, and in fact, this song has Andy Hull (of Manchester Orchestra and Dear Hunter’s Color Spectrum) on it.

1 Like

Still haven’t moved past Migrant, but still spinning it quite a bit. Especially the deluxe version with bonus tracks. The run of This Vicious Place through The Love is fantastic. Dude has Avett and Rufus Wainwright vocal tendencies in the bonus tracks. Love both.

1 Like

They are streaming acts 1 and 2 in full early next year from their pillar account. Not much of what they’ve done on that platform so far has excited me but will def be tuning in for that.

1 Like

Got the pillar subscription. A lot of tasty shit on here actually. Too bad the video doesn’t work on my tv??

1 Like

This band is incredible live. Can’t wait for the act II stream this weekend

2 Likes

His voice is butter

2 Likes

Amazing that this thread wasn’t started by @Whinergetsnothing

2 Likes

You must not have been paying attention for most of 2020