Summer Camp 2020

Definitely not gonna argue that, but I was just relaying the info I had about the question that was asked.

They seemed content with their decision. I’m sure having full size beds, A/C, proper shower & solid breakfast had something to do with that as well.

1 Like

I definitely understand the motive behind a hotel and if it was more convenient i would consider it myself. I’m pretty over sleeping in tents at festivals.

1 Like

My camping at festival days are behind me. If I were to do SC I’d be flying in so renting an RV would be way less convenient than a hotel and ubering. I guess the main part of my question was whether or not uber ran that late in the area, which CC was able to answer.

I could see the value in getting a hotel room sunday night. Get all your shit packed up sunday day, go check in and get a shower then head back for the sunday night madness then get a nice sleep in a bed that night before driving home.

1 Like

First time back at scamp since 2014. Also first time getting an RV. Is VIP still worth it if I already have an RV pass?

1 Like

If you don’t have a VIP RV pass then probably not because you’ll be parked on the complete opposite end of the festival from the VIP area. That being said, I would recommend getting a VIP RV pass.

I stayed at a hotel last year and don’t regret the decision one bit. Saturday night during the big rain it was nice to not have to survive at a muddy music festival with no music even playing.

Just splurged for VIP Deluxe to bridge the gap between VIP and GA RV. VIP perks while still camping pretty damn close to the car (though not as close as VIP RV, obviously). Hoping that makes things nice and smooth since I’m rolling solo for the first time.

Jk, I really did it for the free case of beer. :grin:

That’s a really expensive free case of beer.

Well, I was being very sarcastic, just in case you didn’t catch that lol.

Predictably, it looks like Scamp is postponed. New dates appear to be 8/21-8/23.

I thought it was funny when I got their VIP Lounge announcement the other day. “Ya this is a great lineup but none of this is happening…”

1 Like

Wonder if those were unannounced chicago shows that will get bumped now?

1 Like

I’m down for August camp. Probably going to be hotter than shit but the chances of a tornado or major thunderstorm are a lot lower.

wish it was labor day weekend

I’m guessing a lot of the artists already have gigs in the works for that weekend.

Plus it overlapping with Dicks might hurt sales.

This looks pretty sweet. Will be nice to kick back that weekend with some cold beers and pretend like live music is happening.

They say those that purchased Scamp tickets will get a discount on the virtual pass. The cynic in me thinks that they may try to use this against those that intend to get a refund by putting something in the fine print that accepting this discount precludes you from any future refund.

But how do i sneak booze in?

1 Like

Just boof it!

I still can’t believe they are charging people for this. Just to see old Iclips footage. Then you get to see the 6th tier bands perform in their house for those “live” performances.

4 Likes