Spafford - Take It Into Double Time!

Love Mike, sad to not see Brian but let’s go. Going to the Wednesday show

1 Like

Damn, hope he is alright

Is his absence related to the car crash they had? MG’s instagram post seems to indicate that it was.

Wasnt that like 5 months ago? This is why you always go to the doctor @solvethebox

1 Like

75 days ago

:grimacing:

RIP Spafford

I think it’s mental health related. At least that’s how I read the post. I would imagine being a young father in a horrific wreck a long way from your family would have some lingering effects.

4 Likes

Yea, PTSD is no joke. Fucked my life up real good

1 Like

I didnt realize how bad of a wreck it was. Van life has to really weigh on you after awhile

I mean, just get more fans so you can afford a bus. Can’t be that hard. /s

2 Likes

2 Likes

IMG_0294

Fourth show tonight, I’ve seen a different lineup every time

First show (opening for UM) had Cam on drums
Second show was the classic lineup
Third show with Cory instead of Red
Now fourth with Mike G instead of Brian.

Wild

7 Likes

That is super wild. I cant really picture Spafford without Brian. He is the band in my eyes

2 Likes

Exactly why this is such a nice change up! Like Mike’s playing so much more than Brian’s noodling and peaks.

Really pumped to hear these shows. I’m assuming they’ll jam a ton so Mike doesn’t have to learn a ton of songs.

2 Likes

Disagree. I would take Brian 100/100 over Mike

3 Likes

I’m a big Aqueous fan, but Mike is the epitome of noodle jam band guitar player. Dude will solo for like 10 minutes straight.

3 Likes

To each thier own. I think this describes Brian to a T. Feel Spaff, especially Brian, is very repetitive and never got that vibe with Mike and AQ.

Not trying to knock Brian in anyway. Just my preference. Looking forward to hearing how the show was @nextmovement41

2 Likes

Brian might actually be the best guitarist in the scene, IMO, behind Trey. I prefer Barber, but Brian is a madman. I am not even a Spafford guy anymore either

2 Likes